My Install 'Finished' :: EU-700's FTW! :: *PICS*

Celly
10+ year member

Orlando
1.jpg

Three eD EU-700's. These are recessed in 3/8" and the board is beveled 3/8" all the way around to fit flush with the storage compartment. God bless the jasper jig!

The Storage compartment is coated in 3 layers of Sound deadener. Although perhaps not as effective as fiberglass or MDF/Birch, It does a great job sealing the area, and eliminating any resonance. I thought becuase of this, I'd need to tune these more as IB type setup... But they are really acting more like Sealed... I'll need to wait until Break in is complete to know for sure.

In fact, these speakers have the cleanest bass I have heard in a setup like this. Rock / Classical / Jazz is unreal.. I haven't really tried to thump it up, but that is not really my bag of tricks. Regardless, the bass is super tight, and with Cabin Gain very, very rich.

Unfortunatly, I tried to match carpet colors on a monitor. I'll most likly be recarpeting these in the near future.

Also, You can't see it in the picture, but 2 rubber stoppers are glued to the bottom of the back seat. When the back seat is down, the weight holds the panel firmly in place. I'm planning on adding 2 more, to help even out the pressure on the board, since the side are beveled down to 5/8's and no longer have the strength they use to at a full 3/4".

2.jpg

Who says you can't have big power under the seats of a Tundra? USAmps XT-4000D Anyone? Ohhhh yeah!

3.jpg

Pioneer Premier PRS-880... Very nice head unit.. Just, be ready to spend some time with the manual.

4.jpg

My Tundra XSP FTW!

**** nice install... what other equipment are you running?
I'm running CDT Audio CL-61A's off an Alpine MRP-F450. I like the CDT's becuase they run well in doors that are not deadened. In fact, I'm really impressed with them. For the price they are hard to beat...

I Did all the wring with Knuconceptz -- The Karma Cables are really nice, but the fuse blocks left a little to be desired.

yea i was frustrated with their konfused 3way distro block... didnt receive all the right fittings so i had to drill and tap some holes in the top and put screws in ftl... thankfully they wont be in use once my install is finished (only using right now cause im just running the nine.2's for my cdt hd6/m6 components without the extra batts in the back)

yea i was frustrated with their konfused 3way distro block... didnt receive all the right fittings so i had to drill and tap some holes in the top and put screws in ftl...
Exactly, And the tolerances of the fuse screws were off, so the fuses had to bend a little to fit in.

I know they are on the lower side of the price specturm, but I was also surprised when they didn't come with any mounting hardware.. I had to dig through my pickle jar of doom for some self tapping screws...

How does it sound?
Really good... Still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles on the 880prs... Some of my crossovers and gains are clearly off...

This headunit is nice.. but taks lots of patience...

excellent job. How do you like the ED's? That truck looks awesome from the outside or the inside.
Well.. Now I Love em... Quite a few people have asked me for vids.. This is not turning it up to 11... Becuase I'm still breaking in... So, I wimped out and turned the Gain down a lil... and only had it at 1/2 volume... I'm not into "Windshield Flex" -- Just some good clean sound...

Not too shabby for 3 'sealed' 6.5's...

*sigh* Now I need to find all these **** Rattles... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

cool, nice truck. I've always wanted to try the EUs out...do me a favor, bump them on a rap song or two and let us know how they sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Celly

10+ year member
Celly
Orlando
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from