Kenny's 1996 Chrysler LHS Worklog

Any reason why? If I work hard and get money, why can't I spend it? I don't need someone to tell me what to do with my money, thanks anyways.
I'm just sayin, save some, I'm sure you work hard. You've got a LOT of nice expensive stuff. Maybe I'm just conservative, but saving money>spending IMO. Good practice for later in life I think.

very nice res pic. You definitely made the car look better than stock. But why try to make some ugly car look nice and spend those thousands that you spent on it. i dont know why im posting this, mabye because im bored because im really sick right now but im 18, i am so thankful i was able to buy my own car and such. Hell, i have so much money saved up right now and its really tempting to make my civic look "better". I know that the car wont last forever and there for im not going to indulge in it anymore than i have to. I kinda agreed with jonJT that you should save up your money and not go with the leather. Dont take me wrong, i appreciate how youre really into your car and its your baby and everything but how bout getting a headstart in the stock market or something with those wads of cash you make? fixing the car can be addicting and fun but its a short term satisfaction, how bout thinking about the long term solutions?

How well did the carpet fit that you purchased from Stock Interiors.com?
Very well, had to cut the hole for the shifter and four small holes for the seats... and cut about an inch off each side (they leave extra on purpose).

dozy: I actually just realized recently that I should do something better with my money, like save up for a replacement car when this one goes. I would get into the stock market or gamble, but everything requires you to be 18 or older of age.

My mom's boyfriend took the car back up to Pennsylvania (we share the car until I get my license //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif) and it wouldn't start for him when he was up there. Took it to the mechanic to get to pass inspection and also look at it, said it needed a tune up. Replaced tons of wires and put new rotors on (the front rotors were bent!)

I want to get a new town car now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Town car's are for old men.

Kinda have to agree with him on this one. Why would you want to get something new when all you needed was a tune up. Plus you just put all this nice stuff on there. I would keep it as it is now and look to save your money for the future like some of these guys are telling you too. I wish I could save, but I am head over hills with bills. At least I am paying my house off, but still. Save,save and save,lol!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well, I like big trunks... yeah, I dunno, new cars just seem more appealing. I'll wind up saving, although the new 300Cs are looking mighty fine.

I'm worried I'll never make back anything I put into this car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Alright guys, I think I'm gonna throw more money into the car when I get it. Those new XXX's look tempting, and if I have the money I'll put 'em in my trunk. I would finally have the experience to do the box myself instead of another prefab.

I want to redo the interior, I met a guy who fiberglassed his dash in an LHS like mine... it's looking good. I was in a limousine a few weeks ago and I loved the mood lighting wrapped around the inside, I might try and do something similar. I'm gonna sand down the plastic parts and paint them a new color. I'm gonna rewrap the leather seats with leather and probably suede in the middle... and suede the leather pieces on the doors.

Anyone ever do their own woodgrain? Or is it not worth it and I should get a kit or something?

I was talking to some kids I met recently and they were telling me how I shouldn't save for a new car and how they like my car so much. I love my car, and although it should be my opinion, I probably wouldn't drive in a car that no one else liked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.