subs to house radio

Participant count
  • Participant list
Alright, someone is being an ass and neged me. I'll explain this out so who ever thinks i'm not being fair or whatever can go **** a donkey dick. You may recall the saying you can give a man some fish and he can have a good meal or you can teach someone to fish and he can eat his entire life. The best way to learn something is figuring it out yourself.

Anyway, first off if it is car audio stuff that you want to hook up you need to get a power supply. A big power supply that will supply enough current to the amplifier. Some people have suggested that a moded computer supply will be enough, and should be. Then you need to figure out how to hook the amp up to the home audio stuff. If you're lucky it will have some type of pre-out, if not you're up the creek. So to give a visual.

Speaker

"__________^- Power Supply

Note: If you need to be careful if your source isn't the right output gain structure you could blow stuff up.... Have fun experimenting.

Alright, someone is being an ass and neged me. I'll explain this out so who ever thinks i'm not being fair or whatever can go **** a donkey dick. You may recall the saying you can give a man some fish and he can have a good meal or you can teach someone to fish and he can eat his entire life. The best way to learn something is figuring it out yourself.
Anyway, first off if it is car audio stuff that you want to hook up you need to get a power supply. A big power supply that will supply enough current to the amplifier. Some people have suggested that a moded computer supply will be enough, and should be. Then you need to figure out how to hook the amp up to the home audio stuff. If you're lucky it will have some type of pre-out, if not you're up the creek. So to give a visual.

Speaker

"__________^- Power Supply

Note: If you need to be careful if your source isn't the right output gain structure you could blow stuff up.... Have fun experimenting.
If he'd just use the search button, he'd figure out that in the end it isn't worth it anyway.

If he'd just use the search button, he'd figure out that in the end it isn't worth it anyway.
that's very dependent on why an individual would be wanting to move mobile audio gear indoors in the first place.

Say you've got a ride. You've setup a fairly nice stereo system in said ride. Through no fault of your own the ride gets totaled and isn't going to get replaced anytime soon, if ever. Okay - now you've got all this mobile audio gear but no ride to put it in. Additionally, since previously you rarely spent enough time indoors to even turn a radio on much less listen to it for any length of time you don't own any home audio equipment worth mentioning.

Well, now since you have no ride you'll be spending alot of time at home (if for no other reason than lack of options) and you'd like ot listen to some tunes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif Hey! I've got a heap of audio gear but no way to hook it up inside!

I would make sure that you have some type of source unit before shelling out any cash for a power supply.... But those are decent, and the pyramids are also decent enough to get the job done.

I would make sure that you have some type of source unit before shelling out any cash for a power supply.... But those are decent, and the pyramids are also decent enough to get the job done.
A source being available would certainly be a good starting point...

Pyramid power supplies: For cheap + reliable they're tough to beat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.