I have $2500 and a new 2010 Mustang GT

u should have waited for the 2011 Mustang GT.......5.0 > 4.6........

However,having being a Mustang GT owner on the past (2008) I can tell you the shaker system ***** balls...I have seen may different swaps most use the oversized door subwoofer area for 6.5" comps and get a prefabbed Mustang sub box for the trunk - you really dont want to weigh the car down IMO with dual 12s or any heavy frame subwoofers - Id get a real HU,some 6.5s and a nice 10 in the trunk powered by a nice sized 4 ch amp or one of the kicker 3 channel deals.....keep it light and simple

u should have waited for the 2011 Mustang GT.......5.0 > 4.6........
However,having being a Mustang GT owner on the past (2008) I can tell you the shaker system ***** balls...I have seen may different swaps most use the oversized door subwoofer area for 6.5" comps and get a prefabbed Mustang sub box for the trunk - you really dont want to weigh the car down IMO with dual 12s or any heavy frame subwoofers - Id get a real HU,some 6.5s and a nice 10 in the trunk powered by a nice sized 4 ch amp or one of the kicker 3 channel deals.....keep it light and simple

The Mustang is my wife's car and I am fixing it up for her so the 4.6 vs the 5.0 is really a non issue but it would have been nice. We only had the car for about 3 weeks now and we knew the 5.0 was going to come out so at least we knew prior and made our decision rather than find out afterwards.

I really want to see if I can fit some 8's in the door to replace or upgrade since we have the Shaker 500 and yes the system *****. I have been talking to Erick here in the forum and am ot sure now if I really need the Bit One? I also kicked around replacing the HU but as you will see by the picture I do not see that happening without totally changing the look of the car.

What does everyone think about the JL box below model HO112R-W7? From what I have read here over the last few days it almost seems like many of you feel JL subs are just a step above Bose? It ships with the 12W7-3 sub which I think sounds great.

So here is what I have if I decide to go with this set up based on retail from places I have found online.

Sub: JL Audio HO112R-W7 HO enclosure with W7 Sub $999

Speakers: Dynaudio 362 $799

Amp: Arc or Audison LRX $899

Labor for the install, parts and SecondSkin unknown until I decide on the items I want installed. The JL StealthBox is also $999 and it looks much nicer but I think I will get better bass out of the larger box with the W7. I would love to get some feedback on this?

9445.jpg

18409.jpg

i have been looking at the HO112R-W7 will that fit in out trunks??i have an 06
Good luck with that. My 2006 Mustang GT had me removing the spare and the trunk latch just to get a single 12 in there. Between that and the 25 to Life Power 1000 that was in the trunk, I couldn't even put a gallon of milk in there.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.