I have $2500 and a new 2010 Mustang GT

If you have to keep the stock H/U get the Audison bit one as mentioned earlier. It is expensive though. If you don't want to pay for a processor you could always use an Audiocontrol EQS with line level inputs.
MB quart is definitely not what they used to be. The doors will accept up to a 3 1/2" deep driver. I was looking at the Morel mw265's and Kicker ssmb8's.

With a pair of good 8's in the door you wont have to invest into much of a substage. One 12" will be extremely adequate. Just make sure it has a lower fs, such as an Infinity kappa perfect.
Where can I purchase the Audison Bit One?

I like what I saw on your 2006 Rustang. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif You did some great work on your car and you never mentioned if you were happy with the way it tuned out? Would you do it over again or would you have done something differently? Do the speakers coming out a bit bother you?
I like the way everything is sounding now. Although the factory grills stick out a little further, it doesn't bother me. In fact, I've seen other installs where some used 3/4" MDF to space out their aftermarket 8s and I think that would be worse.

Lastly, I was told that the factory 8" door pods have .41 cubic feet of airspace. I stuffed mine with as much poly-fil that I could get in there and am pleased with the results.

Theres alot of places that can do what your asking, the big thing is decideing one the componets you want your system to consist of. As for the HU there are many high end choices, i know Pioneer has the Premier units, and possibly they might still have the F1 units. GLWB would like to see pics once done

bananaflash.gif

I dont know where to buy the bit one. When I had my G35 I wanted one and gave up looking for one. I have a eql that I used instead. I don't think you would be doing a disservice if you went with the cleansweep or fosgate 360. I personally like audiocontrol though.

Let me know how the Polk purchase works out.

the part you will want for the mids is SR5250, It should come with the adapter for the 5x7/6x8 hole.

I found someone who has 4 of the bit one's in stock for $800 each. They are new and v2 that arrive in the last week. I think I might wait for CES to see what the others are going to do?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.