I have $2500 and a new 2010 Mustang GT

macmovieman
10+ year member

I just bought this car a few weeks ago and I am having a bunch of work done to it. I set aside $2500 for the audio system and would like to use the factory head unit. I am not concerned with a ton of low end bass and think the bass should be musical or tighter than most of the systems I hear.

It has been over 15 years since I was really into it and a lot has changed. Where would you recommend I put the money? I would like to keep the car looking totally stock on the inside. I went by a place today called Reus Audio in Orange who was doing exactly what I wanted done but was doing it with these no name speaker but the system sounded great. LINK

I am really not sure what to do next but I do want a really nice system. Could you help me get pointed in the right direction? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

do you want to run the new interiors off a 4 channel? if you want just new interiours (factory h/u) , sub and amp 2500 is Very high unless you go high end. Will you be doing the work?

Theres lots you can do with a mustang...factory 8's in the doors FTW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I have seen many components in a 6, I wonder if they make them in an 8 inch? That alone would be a huge upgrade!

do you want to run the new interiors off a 4 channel? if you want just new interiours (factory h/u) , sub and amp 2500 is Very high unless you go high end. Will you be doing the work?
I am looking at all of my options right now to see what I am going to do. I want some really high end stuff and I want a sub and amp that do not take up much room in the car. I will be looking to have the work done. I hope I can make the system sound great with a factory head unit with a 4 channel amp.

i used the jl audio cleensweep in my Acura to maintain the stock H/U. also there is the rockford 360
I was thinking about a clean sweep and JL Audio has a box with woofer that fits right inside the 2010 Mustang on the side with the same color carpeting.

I sent you a pm, I know someone in the Los Angeles area that can really help you out, he's done installs for members of this forum before and i've also dealt with him. He's a great guy, he can get just about any audio you want, help you plan a system and also he can do an incredible install for you.

I just bought this car a few weeks ago and I am having a bunch of work done to it. I set aside $2500 for the audio system and would like to use the factory head unit. I am not concerned with a ton of low end bass and think the bass should be musical or tighter than most of the systems I hear.
It has been over 15 years since I was really into it and a lot has changed. Where would you recommend I put the money? I would like to keep the car looking totally stock on the inside. I went by a place today called Reus Audio in Orange who was doing exactly what I wanted done but was doing it with these no name speaker but the system sounded great. LINK

I am really not sure what to do next but I do want a really nice system. Could you help me get pointed in the right direction? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
From the looks of that site they can accomplish what you are requesting. If you have been out of the industry for that long, it may be a good idea to allow a shop to put together your system. Quality "sound quality" setups are harder to create then spl, because there are a lot more factors to take into consideration. As for the products; it sounds like they develop their own for the most part and use select brands they feel has performed to their standards. I would check out some of their past jobs and speak with someone who has done business before. Then make your decision...GLWB

I feel as if I am going on interviews trying to find the right set up and or the right installers. I appreciate all of your efforts and sharing your thoughts. I do not have a problem changing out the head unit but I want something thta is not over the top and looks like it could have come on the car stock. Maybe a large touch screen unit that also works as a GPS?

This is less about money and more about finding a tasteful solution that really sounds great. I will be spending the day visiting some of the shops you mentioned.

You are doing the right thing. You are dropping a lot of money into this car and you want to make sure that the end result will be worth it. I would shop for weeks if thats what it took. Measure twice, cut once applies to buying a system as well, but use different terms. You only want to spend the money to purchase and install, not purchase, install, and correct fvckups...

I feel as if I am going on interviews trying to find the right set up and or the right installers.
That's because you are, and it's a good thing to do. I interviewed several installers when I wanted to have some wiring installed into a car I cared a lot about. Everything worked out well as a result.

DS Autosports gave you some good advice. The shop you link'd inspires confidence.

I just bought on 05 gt and I am doing an install as we speak. Change out the head unit there is no benefit to keeping it. It is also very easy to change out. Do 8's in the doors. The air space is .41. Do a high quality 6x8 or a pair of 5 1/4" component set (where the 6x8 is). Rear that is up to you! sub boxes are a little tedious to build but since a shop is doing it who cares!

My build:

H/U - Pioneer AVH-P4000dvd

Front - Boston Pro60

Front subwoofer - Kicker RMB8's

Rear fill - Kicker one way 6x8's

Front amp - Kicker kx800.4

subs undecided I have a pair of kicker l7 12's and a kx1200.1 but I want better sq.

$2500 is a lot of money. In addition this car is very easy to work on so the labor costs should not be very much. Is there a brand that you biased to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.