How does a SoloX 18 sound?

About as tight as dolphin pvssy. Seriously, what does it look like it'll sound like? They'll get loud, but then again anything will in 22 cubic feet with 300" of vent and 6500w. If you are doing a wall, you can get louder and keep a higher sustainable level using the same power on 4 15's that won't cost you as much.

I was wondering about the SQ. I mean obviosly they will be loud, but to sacrafice any shred of SQ wouldnt be worth it to me. The other option I was considering was 4 15" L7s. I know both would be loud. what do you guys think would sound better the 2 18's I had mentioned or the 4 L7s with 4.5 Cubes, 120 sq." port, tuned to 33 hz and 1250W rms each.

Well, what kind of music do you listen to. If you considering any L7 or Solo X set up, you really arent as "SQ" as you think. I personally hate the way L7/Solo-X's sound its so boomy. If all you listen to is rap and some rock, and like the way the L7 sounds, the solo X will do fine.

As for the 4 L7 idea, are you talking about 4.5 each or all together????

each, also with you saying how boomy they are, if you build to kicker specs then they end up being tunned to around 38Hz which, just by plotting the curve in programs such as WinISD then I would agree with you... The boxes they recommend are EXTREAMLY boomy. Not saying they are great SQ subs, but thats aslo why I am tunning them lowwer then there specs reccomend.. to smooth that peak out a little bit.

come to think of it.. havent they both won SQ competitons??? Meaning it really is all in how you build the box and tune them with these subs?

hahaha

2 18 solox, and 22 cubic feet, with 6500 watts.....

whats that at least 150 DB i would imagine, and hope for a lot more.

there is no sound quality at 150 db.

sorry buddy

Im working on the 4 15 l7s in the wall setup as we speak. So scratch that idea for u //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.