Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

Some guys came into the Circuit City I work at. I work in sales currently, he walked into our "Thump Room"...they brought in their own CD to demo some stuff out. I let them do their thing...and I stand their just chilling and listening to what they're saying. There are 3 guys, and two of them keep looking back and the 3rd guy and ask him questions...and the chuckle at a few of the setups.

I play along and let them do their thing. Then one of them asks if I have a setup, which I smile to and say, "Well, it's kind of my biggest hobby. I have probably one of the loudest 1sub setups in the tri-state."

Two of the dudes are like, "Wow, that's what our boy does too..." and look back at the third guy. I say, cool. I ask him what he has and he's got a 15" Audiobahn Immortal and a PA 2250d. So then they ask me...

At the time I had my 15MT installed in my SPL pressure box with a Modded MTX1501d on each coil. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif...the guys bout **** themselves. They knew what RE was, and I was really surprised as well. They had never heard an RE setup tho. I proceeded to them them about my 18XXX, my 15DP, and the SI Mags.

So this turned out to be hilarious in a good way...heh.

NG

At least the people at your highschool run kickers, when i was in highschool everyone but me and a few friends had audiopipe, jensen, and power acoustic.
people are here just buy Dual, Sony, and such HU's and say "Man I turned the bass all the way up and **** its nice" I always ask why they have the bass "all the way up"..."cuz it sounds the best and gets loud" yeah gets REALLLYYY loud on those paper cone/foam surround sotck 6 1/2" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

everyone was surprised by my old setup..W10GTi that was run by a 601.1....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif but ups destroyed it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i dont gain anything on the subs. but i do gain .5 on the ports i just put it just incase you know you win or lose sometimes by .1 and losing by that much ***** knowing espeacially you probably could have done something.
ive lost by .1 before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif it really sux.

Yeah theres this one kid at my school that has a 13 w7 and he thought he was the loudest kid in the school. I told him i had 1 12" type-r and we could goto the parking lot to justify his statement. He started talking about how much he paid and how jl is the best. Needless to say I now rarely see him in school and everytime i do i ask him when hed like to pull up to my car and he never wants to. I dont know why //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

ok ive decided to start a funny thread here...lol

2 days ago a guy is having us install a jensen flip out tv in his 2nd gen toyota pickup. (You know the pickup with the exact same front end as the 2nd gen 4runner) Normally Im very cool towards other toyota owners... Anyhow as I begin work on this dudes truck' date=' I pull out the old Panasonic phantom hu and immediately notice that the asshat didnt bother buying vehicle specific wiring harnesses, so I did a proper hard wire for him.... Also mind you in a toyota it's iso mounted, this means that the unit has 4 bolts anchoring it to 2 brackets and each bracket has 2 bolts bolting it into the dash. Well he lost those as well and had some bobo cheezy dash kit holding the old radio and honestly it didnt fit. Well I took that to the bench grinder and got it to fit. Then there isnt enough room behind the face for the radio to slide into its cage, so I do a little more custom magic to install it. Finally it's in but the bobo dash kit + the jensen's trim bezel + the dash bezel is making the screen hard to slide in and out....

At this point Im at my whit's end.... Im sick, the retard who owns this truck thinks he knows how to install but doesnt, the truck is fighting, the unit is fighting me, etc...

To make matters worse as im making repeated trips to the bench grinder with the Jensen's trim bezel the owner (about 16) decides its a good time to sit in the passenger seat and play with the unit!! I tolerate this hopeing for a tip...

As I am reassembling his dash for the 8th time he begins telling me about how he had an INSANELY LOUD system in his extended cab truck. Something about 4 infinity refrence 12s... My respsonse was, "cool." and I kept working. He then offered up that he had hit a 155 at a show when he competed with it. Again, my terse response was "cool." and I kept working. He then starts telling me about how his buddy hits 158 and competes....blah blah blah. I again being unimpressed say "cool." and go back to working on his godforsaken truck...

He then asks me if I have a system in my truck, to which I say yes and continue working. He then asks in a condescending tone, "what 2 10s?" with a smart ass smirk. I stop look him in the eye and said, "No I have 2 digital designs 9915s, have over 9,000 watts rms, I compete, have been to db drag world finals, and know a thing or two about getting loud...

He didnt utter another word...lol I got the jensen working and installed cleanly and he left.

This is why I hate people in general...lol

2 more stories coming in due time...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif[/quote']

and we just LOVE doing that everyday, because its our job //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

man this are some funny funny stories but yota i only got 10s right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif dont bash them hahahahahahah
100_0938-copy.jpg
why would I rip on 10s? Particularly THOSE 10s! lol I know you are knocking on, or are above, a 150 legal...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ok this story is kinda funny but pissed me off at how stupid this guy is and how he tried to install this himself n ****ed up such a nice truck!!!

I would have gotten more pics if i wasnt working on this POS for such a long time trying to fix his mistakes.

heres 2 pics

2004 escalade riding on 24" foose rims

dont mind the pics they were takin wit my shitty camera fone

8df8fcb779da67f894670af614d59de2200511290_full.jpg

8112959fa7b93ce9ebf66cd3f67751c8200511290_full.jpg

any way it starts out nice. he rolls up with his 24's. NICE NICE TRUCK! i open up the back door to witness wires just everywhere:uhoh:

he tells me that his amp will not power on his subs, he knows the amp works fine cause he hooked it up in his boys car and it runs fine.

so i wonder what subs he has. i flip down the back part of the seat to reveal (2) 12" W3's in a custom enclosure that is so nice almost made me ***.. haha. I asked him who did the enclosure, he tells me he did.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

n e way so i flip the bottom seat up to reveal a Rockford 8002??? i ask him y he doesnt get a JL amp. he tells me there to much money? hellooooooooo ESCALADE 24's!!!! I ask him who did the install. he said him and his friends install all the time. while im thinking in my head DONT COME NEAR MY TRUCK MAN!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I start to look at the wiring and notice things that were quite funny.

he has his ground ran to the seat. but the bolt was to big so he cut it off. and wraped it aroun...

the power wire was attached to a Distro block with atleast 7ft of 8guage on it to the amp.

the ground was the same way aswell. 4guage to 8guage.

the turn on was the one that comes ont he RCA's

and all the wires were cut so far back and put into the amp that they were touching eachother.

i then have him sign paper work and start out.. easy fix turns out it was his ground n turnon ****in it up. I also later find out he poped 3 fuses fromt he wires touching. thats an easy fix

ok now i fix the ground. fix the power wire. onto the turn on...

i ask him where he hooked the turn on to. he said behind the headunit on the remote wire. im like ok weird, cause it doesnt work. now this is where it gets good. he has a double din eclipse touchscreen, nice headunit.

I rip off the dash pieces. and get a drill. i take off the first screw n something hits me in my leg, im like WTF? do the next screw n AGIAN something hits me in the leg:confused: so i look at the floor to find 2 huge nuts? i look at the 3rd and last(yes only 3. lol later found out he custom made it cause CC wouldnt)screw n relize a nut between the screw n the backplate. I then remove the headunit and in its trail comes out the biggest bunch of wires ive ever seen. and im not lying, i dont know how or where they even came from.

I then find the turn on wire. atleast he soldered it.. but umm he soldered it to the power antenea wire;) i fix it all up make it all better. make sure the amp turns on n everything. now time to put the headunit back in.

I struggle with this **** load of wires for atleast 20 misn. finally have him come over, he tells me he has a stradegy... yeah stradegy, he grabes a handful of wires n jams it in there n then jams the unit into place.

then he picks up the nuts n tells me to screw the screws in while he hold up the SPACER:laugh: so i do so.

i test it all out make sure everything works and hes happy.

right when he was leaving i asked him how much the rims were.. he said he payed aroun 8 with tires:crazy:. i ask him agian who did the enclosure, he looks at me n said well i did. i put the subs in:waycrazy:

right when i got him in the truck and he was about to pull away i told him. have a nice day n i hope he learns how to install alittle better next time

ok this story is kinda funny but pissed me off at how stupid this guy is and how he tried to install this himself n ****ed up such a nice truck!!!I would have gotten more pics if i wasnt working on this POS for such a long time trying to fix his mistakes.

heres 2 pics

2004 escalade riding on 24" foose rims

dont mind the pics they were takin wit my shitty camera fone

8df8fcb779da67f894670af614d59de2200511290_full.jpg

8112959fa7b93ce9ebf66cd3f67751c8200511290_full.jpg

any way it starts out nice. he rolls up with his 24's. NICE NICE TRUCK! i open up the back door to witness wires just everywhere:uhoh:

he tells me that his amp will not power on his subs, he knows the amp works fine cause he hooked it up in his boys car and it runs fine.

so i wonder what subs he has. i flip down the back part of the seat to reveal (2) 12" W3's in a custom enclosure that is so nice almost made me ***.. haha. I asked him who did the enclosure, he tells me he did.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

n e way so i flip the bottom seat up to reveal a Rockford 8002??? i ask him y he doesnt get a JL amp. he tells me there to much money? hellooooooooo ESCALADE 24's!!!! I ask him who did the install. he said him and his friends install all the time. while im thinking in my head DONT COME NEAR MY TRUCK MAN!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I start to look at the wiring and notice things that were quite funny.

he has his ground ran to the seat. but the bolt was to big so he cut it off. and wraped it aroun...

the power wire was attached to a Distro block with atleast 7ft of 8guage on it to the amp.

the ground was the same way aswell. 4guage to 8guage.

the turn on was the one that comes ont he RCA's

and all the wires were cut so far back and put into the amp that they were touching eachother.

i then have him sign paper work and start out.. easy fix turns out it was his ground n turnon ****in it up. I also later find out he poped 3 fuses fromt he wires touching. thats an easy fix

ok now i fix the ground. fix the power wire. onto the turn on...

i ask him where he hooked the turn on to. he said behind the headunit on the remote wire. im like ok weird, cause it doesnt work. now this is where it gets good. he has a double din eclipse touchscreen, nice headunit.

I rip off the dash pieces. and get a drill. i take off the first screw n something hits me in my leg, im like WTF? do the next screw n AGIAN something hits me in the leg:confused: so i look at the floor to find 2 huge nuts? i look at the 3rd and last(yes only 3. lol later found out he custom made it cause CC wouldnt)screw n relize a nut between the screw n the backplate. I then remove the headunit and in its trail comes out the biggest bunch of wires ive ever seen. and im not lying, i dont know how or where they even came from.

I then find the turn on wire. atleast he soldered it.. but umm he soldered it to the power antenea wire;) i fix it all up make it all better. make sure the amp turns on n everything. now time to put the headunit back in.

I struggle with this **** load of wires for atleast 20 misn. finally have him come over, he tells me he has a stradegy... yeah stradegy, he grabes a handful of wires n jams it in there n then jams the unit into place.

then he picks up the nuts n tells me to screw the screws in while he hold up the SPACER:laugh: so i do so.

i test it all out make sure everything works and hes happy.

right when he was leaving i asked him how much the rims were.. he said he payed aroun 8 with tires:crazy:. i ask him agian who did the enclosure, he looks at me n said well i did. i put the subs in:waycrazy:

right when i got him in the truck and he was about to pull away i told him. have a nice day n i hope he learns how to install alittle better next time
wheres the funny?

[story preface]

After the '04 season, I had 109 points and a certified 151.6 legal at both a 2x and a 3x event... However I couldnt go to finals as I had to quit my job and was broke. After literally building a dozen or so boxes and testing them, gaining nothing, then being broke as a skunk REALLY burned me out. And as such I stopped competing and even so much as posting on the forums...

Well on a saturday in september earlier this year I didnt have to go to work, I didnt have a sporting clays shoot, so I figured I'd bring yota out to play for fun to orlando for a 2x event. The entire first half of the day was spent trying to get the **** system to play for 4 seconds straight without skipping... Did a 149.4 with an amp jumping into protect in the final round. Still won.

With state finals 2 weeks away I figured I'd mess with the system to see if I could get her back to the old numbers of last year (151.6) In the totality of 4 days of testing I couldnt get over a '50...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

[/story preface]

Florida State Finals rolls around with me getting ready to qualify wondering just what my system would do... Around me there were 3 cars threatening in street C! This combined with my 9.0s PMS'ing on me, to say I was nervous would be an understatement! I came in and with a sigh of relief qualified with the steady 149.4. To my surprise, by the end of qualifying, I was leading street C by a good 3.5dB or so! (The next guy had a 144 and change.)

I recharged my batts using my HO alternator (http://www.hoalternators.com). And while I was doing that I talked to some more seasoned competitors than myself about the early head to head rounds when your oponent doesnt stand a chance...

In the first bracket, I'm seeded against a fellow who qualified with a 138.9. He did the same number against me. I decided to turn it down 5 clicks from my qual score so as to not stress the PMS'ing 9.0's. And in doing so I turned in a 143 and change. Interestingly enough the guy who qualified with a 144 saw this and got all excited with a few whoops and hollers as he did not know that I had turned it down. He beat the guy in his bracket by a few db and was then going against me in the final round.

(For those not familiar with this format of competition, when you both tell the judge you are ready, you both have ONLY 30 seconds to put up your number.)

With a nervous anticipation of the auditory onslaught about to commence, I give Dave, the head judge, the "thumbs up" indicating my preparation was complete. My opponent did the same with an equal amout of nervous anticipation of not knowing what number I'd put up. With the deftness typical of machines the computer took over the rest:

READY!

SET!

GO!!!

As the 30 second countdown begins I just look down at my cd player through the top of the windshield as if I were trying to burp the system. (I lay on my roof when I burp the system) With the clock now down to 25 seconds I acted like something was wrong. At 20 seconds left my opponent gleefully burps thinking he has me due to system issues. He puts up a low 145 to my surprise. I look down, recheck that the volume is where it's supposed to be (5th time now) then wait till the clock is down to 10 seconds left... I press the pause button and wait in anticipation of yota's hellish roar...at 9 seconds the 9.0 on the richter begins! At 8 seconds on the clock, I note with glee that my spl is at 149.4. On a whim I dont repause it. Instead I keep her running. At 6 seconds on the clock the one squirrely amp decides it wants to come back online - when it does my spl jumps back to the old days of 151.6!!

I repause with 5 seconds left, then turn to see what my opponent does. (The typical response is to reburp with everything they've got.) He turned it off and said "im done."

Now this opponent is a good guy imo, however he did learn a lesson. All is not as it appears and do not laugh at someone for having system issues! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i was at a show about 2 years ago..theirs was this suburban up in the lane about to get started w/ his run..this was a nice sub, had (12) 12's in it, hydraulics, nice paint, all the works...anyways, thier was a guy behind him who was next to make his run and i guess he was making adjustments w. his HU and didnt realize he was actually rolling foward. well he ended up hitting the sub and scratchin the paint up a lil...i guess you could say together, they were the loudest of the day...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...