Help with Power

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yeah those are the ones, when I was making the box. I don't know what I was thinking
Still decent subs man. Not Block pounders but good quality subs and fill the void nicely. Enclosure is everything and tuning for sure. Ive had some cheap azzed Lanzar Max Pro 10s that banged therytre azzez off in decently tuned enclosures on approx 400 watts

Yeah I did cheap out on the amp, you got any suggestions for a nicer one
Its not that its a bad amplifier. You just need to supply it for the demand for one. that enclosure needs to be addressed to get the subs to work. CT Sounds makes great amps for the money, and are in Houston area/TX. Im in TX myself and near Rockwall.

It's a 130amp and just a stock car battery
You can work with what you have for the amp you have. The Big3 0ga and supply will help quite a bit and maybe a decent Large Lead or AGM battery under the hood to start with and look at getting a GP Audio Glue and Screw Tuned enclosure for those subs. Ive done a 90 amp alt on approx 2000 watts total on two agms and 2ga that slammed its azz off

I would start with a BIG3 0ga kit first to try and address you voltage issues. You will need that for future power upgrades to begin with. You could do the 4ga Big3 for what you have, but for $10-14 more it only makes since to do the 0ga for the $

Always use OFC wiring or Copper not CCA or the Tinned garbage that will corrode eventually or have fewer copper strands for better conductivity

The 2nd thing I would do is address the Enclosure. Get those subs in the proper enclosure and tuned properly. may be all you are searching for at this time without shelling out some funds and utilize what you have, unless you just want to go all out and do a larger enclosure and add two more subs and more power that would slaughter that cabin space.LOL

you need figure out what you are willing to spend and use what you have already or spend more and upgrade with or without a budget. It can get expensive if you let it. Utilize what you have and save some funds, and add on as wanted. Give what you have a chance before going and spending too much. Adding cone area is a plus and saves money too and buying whats needed for the supply for the demand as time permits

I did have plans for a really nice fourth order but I thought I would just get bigger subs before I did a fourth order
You have to be careful with a 4th order enclosure. Ive seen so many subs get destroyed by that type of enclosure due to poor tuning and power . Keep it simplistic. Subs up port up is what I like in my Xcab, though Ill be working on my wall this comming few moths

You using 4ga OFC wire? Or CCA? Do you plan on putting an amplifier up front on those speakers at all?
currently its 4awg ofc, but ill get a big 3 kit, ill look at a better battery for under the hood, maybe a new amp should i run 2000watts you think?
and ill build a that 4th order i was talking about

You can work with what you have for the amp you have. The Big3 0ga and supply will help quite a bit and maybe a decent Large Lead or AGM battery under the hood to start with and look at getting a GP Audio Glue and Screw Tuned enclosure for those subs. Ive done a 90 amp alt on approx 2000 watts total on two agms and 2ga that slammed its azz off
tbh i have no clue what to look for in a battery for under the hood, like i've heard lithium is good but only for a second battery

currently its 4awg ofc, but ill get a big 3 kit, ill look at a better battery for under the hood, maybe a new amp should i run 2000watts you think?
and ill build a that 4th order i was talking about
Orileys has a great AGM Super Start that is a great battery. Its over $200 bucks but a dammned good battery. I used 6 in my last build out. Duracell AGM is another great battery. I recently picked up 4 new Odyssey Extreeme 31-pc2150 AGM batteries. Id give that amp another try since you have it and see if the small electrical upgrades help. I like my CT Sounds CT 2k and 150.4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...