Help, Clifford alarm issue!

Participant count
  • Participant list

newb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So my sister works at the mall and apparently someone tried to get her civic. Before this, the alarm worked perfect, such as auto door lock/unlock, etc... Now, the auto lock/unlock doesn't work, the led light stays on at all times, when the remote is pressed, the light on the remote flashes, but there is no response from the car. Basically, the alarm does not work anymore. I checked the power wires coming from the siren to the brain, and it looks like nothing was cut, but there is a white wire coming from the brain that is cut. I'm not sure if this wire is normal not to be hooked up. This is an older Clifford alarm. Any help is much appreciated. I also did not check where the actual power is connected to because I checked the battery and there is no wire that I can see for the alarm. So the power could be hooked up to the cigarette lighter or something else. My sister said that the only thing she noticed that was wrong with the car was her seat was moved all the way back. So Im assuming the perp was trying to get at her wires to cut something. Im also assuming he was successful because the alarm doesn't work anymore. The only good thing was that the perp didn't get anything.

Make sure it is not in Valet mode, especially with the LED light being steady. Valet mode locks out functions except panic

The white wire is Ground when Armed & not always hooked up

Like I mentioned above..Valet mode is when the LED light is on steady

Check by remote if the panic works

If you have the manual, read to find out the process of getting out of Valet mode

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.