Amp/voltage help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr FaceCaser

CarAudio.com Regular
How do the hell do I see if my voltage is dropping below 12 volts or not? When I use a multimeter on DC on the amp it shows negative when the leads are postive to postive and negative to negative but when I reverse postive and negative to negative and postive it's not negative. And it's also dropping to zero so I'm doing something wrong or something. (The one with a negative is postive prob to postive speaker wire and negative to negative.)(the one with a postive number is postive prob to negative speaker wire and negative to postive) and it's not showing 12 volts or am I doing this wrong. The back up battery shows 13.86 volts when music is playing so I'm just confused

Attachments

• Snapchat-1103161371.mp4
    12 MB
  • Snapchat-1599485982.mp4
    9.7 MB
Something that may help as well. There are several Videos to view to understand more on uses and types of testing methods from the basics to more technical by a search

Yeah, put the probes on the power wire and ground wire of the amplifier. Multimeter on DC.

Do not put it on the wires that go to your speakers. M

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...