First audio system, need help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I think you can add pulsing lights to anything, although they might mess with your resistance, so be careful if they do.

Just get a head unit with pre-outs and an amp and sub in a box, or a powered sub-in-a-box if you want it to be easy or if you have space constraints. Buy the best you can, because the dumb stuff ends up being a waste of money. Make sure you run a large enough gauge power wire, fused close to the battery. Properly ground your amp too. Class D amps don't need much juice these days, so it's much easier than it used to be. They tend to run really cool too, in my experience.

I like Rockford Fosgate PUNCH amps, and JL Audio subwoofers. Alpine head units and JBL speakers, but I'm old.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Man, sounds great - no pun intended! Glad you're happy with those Morels, I think they are special. Not sure why they don't get the local love. I...
160AH lithium that supports a 12K system is pretty lofty! I've seen dual 24's or quad 12's that will do this. Most of what 've run across is dual...
Well, I've owned probably over 100 different drivers in the last 40 years and almost every single speaker in the NVX line-up over the last 8...
High pitch whine is usually a grounding or interference issue or from using inexpensive signals cables run parallel to power/ground lines. Or, as...
Look at Recoil components front and coaxials rear. Cheap solution. The Taramps is fine, or Recoil, or blackbrick 100.4 for $69 shipped. More...

About this thread

Rogue Bear

Rogue Bear
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
motochrome