EQ's with both front in AND rear in?

Or just get a processor that does all the EQ'ing and xover functions from one unit.
i cut a hole in my dash kit for the half din EQ i currently have. Now I cant use that unit to it's full potential. I was hoping to replace it with an EQ that I can use with both front and rear preamp outputs.

funnyt hing is the deck im getting has a 7 band parametric EQ so i really don't "need" an external EQ.....hell and epic 160 would look nice in that dash spot lol.

still open to ideas.

You don't need both front/rear inputs, just 1 set. That way the processor controls everything.
im using 2 amps for my frotn stage. one amp for tweets, the other for the mids. if i have an EQ with only one preamp input, then the EQ will only control the 1 set it's plugged into and the other set cant be adjusted by the EQ.

I could just leave my alpine 11 band in place and use it on either the front OR rear....but I'd rather have an EQ unit that controls both front AND rear within the single unit.

You need one of these //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

007.jpg

im using 2 amps for my frotn stage. one amp for tweets, the other for the mids. if i have an EQ with only one preamp input, then the EQ will only control the 1 set it's plugged into and the other set cant be adjusted by the EQ.
I could just leave my alpine 11 band in place and use it on either the front OR rear....but I'd rather have an EQ unit that controls both front AND rear within the single unit.
sounds like what you need is a 3-way xover

That would look funny in 1/2 DIN dash kit.

nothing like a good clean custom installation...he could always get creative and have it motorize out of the dash...or pop up out of the dash like one of those old school big screen Zenith 3 tube TV's that use to pop out of a cabinet ....now that would be sweet....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

sexy ass hifonics eq you have there crx. i take it thats an old school unit? *****ing piece of equipment

i have the crossover points set by the HU for the front, rear, and sub....in fact i have a 7 band parametric EQ on the HU so i really dont even need an external EQ...i just prefer to have something in the spot that my current EQ is in that actually controled the whole front stage and not half of it. I'm just nit-picky and I'd rather have something in that half din cutout i've made to actually work to it's full potential.

Although a baller concept, I dont really have the time or money to make a motorized flip out for the eq in the half din spot or anywhere else right now.

if your deck has what you need...crossover points and EQ's and such...why not locate an Audio Control Epic 150 or 160 to fill the space...those are very nice sub processors...they especially help the low end on MP3's.....and self recorded disc.....

if your deck has what you need...crossover points and EQ's and such...why not locate an Audio Control Epic 150 or 160 to fill the space...those are very nice sub processors...they especially help the low end on MP3's.....and self recorded disc.....
because those need a full range signal to work correctly, i.e. you shouldn't use them on a subwoofer preout. They're designed to work BEFORE a xover signal, not after.

because those need a full range signal to work correctly, i.e. you shouldn't use them on a subwoofer preout. They're designed to work BEFORE a xover signal, not after.
I seldom use rear speakers and usually use the rear jacks for subs because most mono amps have an unswitchable sub crossover...so I sometimes forget about that...if the deck has a through feature or non fade jacks ...and the sub amps internal crossover is used it should work....

You need one of these //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

img0433w.jpg

Have one, thanks.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

By the way Dave, do you know where to find another knob?

img0433w.jpg

Have one, thanks.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

By the way Dave, do you know where to find another knob?
that may be tricky to find....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif mine is BNIB ....I'm either gonna use it or sale it....I haven't decided yet....too bad they don't make them like these anymore...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

that may be tricky to find....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif mine is BNIB ....I'm either gonna use it or sale it....I haven't decided yet....too bad they don't make them like these anymore...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

This one was only used for a short time as a sub xover in my home theater.

I thought about replacing all the knobs with new ones so they match, but **** theres 30 of those small knobs!

Oh well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.