Burning Wires!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SoloXCommander

I am running a dual 4 ohm solobaric X 12" wired to 2 ohms powered by a kickerzx1500.1 and a factory head unit. The amp kit the installer used was 4ga. My fuse is 150Amp. The power wire coming directly off of the battery and attatched at side A of the fuse holder continually melts. It heats up the fuse box, melting the plastic inside the fuse holder as well as the outside of the wire closest to the fuse box. This keeps causing it to arch as well as just a general lack of power. So what I have had to do is keep cutting the part of the wire that has melted off and it keeps getting shorter and shorter.

I ordered a 0ga amp kit and it will be here monday, that comes with a 250 amp fuse. Im thinking this is my problem, too much power for that little wire. I guess the only way to know for sure is to see what happens with the 0Ga. I bet i get louder bass and no melted wires/fuses. How awesome that would be!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.