dB rating of a 12w6v2 ported

Originally posted by SoundsUnlimited I can personally back everything mac11 is doing..I know him! I have bought stuff from him several times...he gives good prices and He is not a bullshitter! in other words what u say your getting U GET! So if u want the amp I would highly recommend u buying it from mac11...he wouldnt sell u a piece of ****!!

Blake //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
of course he would not.

and that might be what im looking for, because now im down between a 12brahma and a ampmanaudio amplifier for 1600.1w, or a 12 jl w6v2 and a jl 500.1 w amp.

i think im going to go with the brahma for now (its only 100 more and gets alot louder)

My friend has 2 12" jlw6v2s in a ported box,,They are vERY loud dont get me wrong, but if u are looking for MAx SPl..I would most definately go with the Brahma 12's.>I have heard and calculated them both and your best bet is to do what your doing and go with the Brahama 12" subs..There great for SPl and dont lack in SQ unlike a lot of other Upper level Competetion subs..But hey..I compared rangermans 10" Brahma with 1000 watts going to it...To my friends 2 12" jlw6v2s..Now my friend is a little louder..But mainly cause Ragnermans sub is like 600 watts under RMS..If he juiced it up to RMS he would be smashing The JLw6's in SPL and wouldnt surprise me if in SQ..Thats just a little reference for you, if u are interested!

Blake

Originally posted by SoundsUnlimited But hey..I compared rangermans 10" Brahma with 1000 watts going to it...To my friends 2 12" jlw6v2s..Now my friend is a little louder..But mainly cause Ragnermans sub is like 600 watts under RMS..

Blake
Not to mention that your comparison is 2 12" vs 1 10"...so the 2 12's should be louder. I agree with you, that the Brahma's would be a better choice:) . The 2 12" W6v2's should be louder with lots of power and an SPL box...maybe its the install?

Obvioulsy my pick would be the Brahma's;)

- Steve

heh, thanks. i like to hear stuff like that, and increases my enthuasim for the brahma when i will get it.

i just got the alpine 7995 today and installed it (dont have a good amp but it makes sound!!!) will get amp later (probabaly us acoustics usx4085)

Originally posted by snitchelgroovin what do you mean nice choice??? if you are talking to me i have an alpine 7995
Are you serious? You do not understand what I meant by saying "Nice choice of head units" ?

And yes, I was refering to you.

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 Are you serious? You do not understand what I meant by saying "Nice choice of head units" ?

And yes, I was refering to you.

- Steve
oh, i see it now... thats what i said before, sorry there. i guess that makes me look bad!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.