comp. stuff

jtaing858
10+ year member

hey im wondering wut are good brand new subs,head units,amps,speakers,etc...are used in competition?cuz i wanna start enterin my car into a showofffs and stuff for compitetions so ya help me out and wut should i get first?DVD player pop out LCd or wut? thanks!!!

What kind of competitions? SPL, SQ, car shows?

Brand names mean little to nothing when competing in SPL and SQ comps...judges dont really care as long as everything is very clean(@ shows...speaking from experience).

- Steve

wut is SPL and SQ? welll ima not get the things at once...but i wanna spend 3000-5000

but this isnt be pretty soon...gotta work for this ahaha if u guys know wut i mean...somethings u gotta work for some things u dont..so ya...ima be workin my a**off to get to that goal...so ya if u got AIM this is my SN ixisuperdorkixi

Originally posted by jtaing858 wut is SPL and SQ? welll ima not get the things at once...but i wanna spend 3000-5000

but this isnt be pretty soon...gotta work for this ahaha if u guys know wut i mean...somethings u gotta work for some things u dont..so ya...ima be workin my a**off to get to that goal...so ya if u got AIM this is my SN ixisuperdorkixi
SPL=sound pressure level, that is basically loudness, and SQ=sound quality, crispness. If you want a sweet SPL system, I'd personally go with a higher end Alpine head unit, such as mine, or a 7995, and of course, my favoreite, 2 12" RE XXX's and 2 RE 53-1D amps...throw it in a big ported box, you'll go deaf in no time:D

start out w/ a head unit and front components w/ a small amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by jtaing858 wuts a good site to buy these stuff?? wut is the first thing i should get? he head unit?amp?sub?or wut should i start off with
First start off with a head unit. Then get set of components and an amp to power them. Next, move on to the big things, subs and sub amps. Some brands to look for are Adire Audio, Resonant Engingeering, Elemental Designs. If you are willing to pay the high price, Jl Audio makes some great subs and amps, generally are SQ subs, but can get very loud. If I were you, which I wish I was with that much money to spend, I'd go with what I asid before, the XXX's and the 35-1D, but again, thats just me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by snova031 First start off with a head unit. Then get set of components and an amp to power them. Next, move on to the big things, subs and sub amps. Some brands to look for are Adire Audio, Resonant Engingeering, Elemental Designs. If you are willing to pay the high price, Jl Audio makes some great subs and amps, generally are SQ subs, but can get very loud. If I were you, which I wish I was with that much money to spend, I'd go with what I asid before, the XXX's and the 35-1D, but again, thats just me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Also consider deep cycle batteries, and a high output alternator.

Originally posted by xjmadness start out w/ a head unit and front components w/ a small amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
def get a hu first...if you are confident w/ your installation skills, get good front comps and a nice, powerful amp to power them...if not...get cheap stuff and upgrade later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.