box tuning

what box volume do you use?

• gross volume minus sub and bracing.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • volume after port displacement.

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
it's done to what steve from rd said

even though sic can't talk with out being disrespectful. I will tell you exactly what I did

I took the specs steve said to do ( I have never used any rd subs and never plan to )

then found out what the port length should be with a chamber of 2.6ft tuned to 35hz came out to 27" for me. then I built the box around the port to get to the 2.6' I needed the chamber to be

ha nope. gotta get your port length from your net volume, then calculate its displacement then use that to give you your third box dimensions to account for the port displacement
exactly u use net volume to calculate for the length the 3rd final volume is vb that the sub actually has available.

every sub maker on the planet that i know of uses this formula ( robert smalls ) to do tuning.

hell even the online calculators use it and verify my tuning is correct. you can not account for an unknown volume ( port volume ) u have to have a port to know its volume to deduct from the gross to get the vb lolz.

yea thats what i said it would be close to before i never did the exact calculation. but the problem was he was going by the volume before his port displacement. he needs to 16. 96 or whatever you said with a net volume of 3.75. box needs to be reworked

exactly u use net volume to calculate for the length the 3rd final volume is vb that the sub actually has available.
every sub maker on the planet that i know of uses this formula ( robert smalls ) to do tuning.

hell even the online calculators use it and verify my tuning is correct. you can not account for an unknown volume ( port volume ) u have to have a port to know its volume to deduct from the gross to get the vb lolz.
trooofff. your need more boxx recalculate your box by taking the port and finding its displacement then add that to the sub displacement, and bracing displacement, and your net volume, and you have your gross. thats how you get your last box number i usually figure out my depth last

i have 2 6 inch aeros in my box that is 10.8 gross 9.5 net thats like 57 inch of port and it tuned to 27 my ports are 1 inch longer than stock lenght

so vote then:) wenn is the guy that says i am wrong lol

no matter how u figure it or call gross vb or net minus sub or net or whatever a 3.75cf gross box is roughly 16-17" of port length at 12.5 x 3" to tune at 35hz. period lolz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...