tube port length question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
Quick question..

When using tube ports, and you are leaving some port in and some out, do you factor in the .75'' of wood the port passes through, and add it do the total length? I want 12'' in my box, and about 11'' out of my box for 23'' of port. Should I cut it to 23.75''?

Also, leaving port out of the box won't change tuning or anything will it? It just helps on saving space? Im at 4.75 cubes @ 32hz, and the calculator calls for 23'' of port for an 8'' tube. I'm porting out of the top of a 21'' tall box, so will going about 1/2 in and 1/2 out affect anything except cutting the port displacement in 1/2?

Quick question..
When using tube ports, and you are leaving some port in and some out, do you factor in the .75'' of wood the port passes through, and add it do the total length?
No. Measure from port end to port end.

I want 12'' in my box, and about 11'' out of my box for 23'' of port. Should I cut it to 23.75''?
No.

Also, leaving port out of the box won't change tuning or anything will it?
No.

It just helps on saving space?
Sure

Im at 4.75 cubes @ 32hz, and the calculator calls for 23'' of port for an 8'' tube. I'm porting out of the top of a 21'' tall box, so will going about 1/2 in and 1/2 out affect anything except cutting the port displacement in 1/2?
Correct.

thank you sir for the simple post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.