Box bracing?

The first one I built was 9.8 cu. ft. This one is 7 cu. ft. The first one was flexing like crazy and that's why I added braces to the second one. I used the triangular mdf braces. I might be able to knock a few of them out with a hammer, but that liquid nails is strong as hell?

The first one I built was 9.8 cu. ft. This one is 7 cu. ft. The first one was flexing like crazy and that's why I added braces to the second one. I used the triangular mdf braces. I might be able to knock a few of them out with a hammer, but that liquid nails is strong as hell?
liquid nails+MDF does not equal strong bond. liquid nails shouldnt be used on mdf at all.

liquid nails+MDF does not equal strong bond. liquid nails shouldnt be used on mdf at all.
I disagree. Sometimes you'll break the mdf before you could separate 2 pieces of mdf. The bond is strong enough for me. I also use screws. I have used wood glue on other boxes and I like liquid nails better. When I break a box apart I'll stop using liquid nails, but I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.

I disagree. Sometimes you'll break the mdf before you could separate 2 pieces of mdf. The bond is strong enough for me. I also use screws. I have used wood glue on other boxes and I like liquid nails better. When I break a box apart I'll stop using liquid nails, but I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.
2 15"s and 1.2k blew a box i built with screws/liquid nails apart. more like wood slapping than exploding but w.e.

2 15"s and 1.2k blew a box i built with screws/liquid nails apart. more like wood slapping than exploding but w.e.
User error. I've always used liquid nails and never had a problem. It laughs at my 18" BTL with 3000wrms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.