Are the products that stop rattles even worth while??

Yes, they are worth it.

You'd be amazed how much cleaner the bass sounds when your entire vehicle isn't rattling along with the bass lines.

It won't completely stop all of the rattles (there is a hell of a lot of pressure being exerted on your vehicle's panels), but will at the very least attenuate them.

I never heard of a product designed to stop rattles. OH, you mean deadner? lol
Yeah, deadener is just added mass to lower the panels' resonant frequency to below levels of music, and thus eliminate resonating. This in turn can reduce rattles (when stuff isn't vibrating it won't be wacking into other stuff). To actually stop rattles just make sure there are any loose pieces of hard material that can hit into each other (weather stripping and expanding foam can do the trick).

Deadening is great for keeping sound inside your vehicle too. After deadening my truck I could crank the stereo with the windows up and outside the truck it sounded like a stock stereo. Deadening worked great for that aspect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.