few questions about my new sub

Camaro_man
10+ year member

Okay...

My system is finally complete...took around 2 months but its done now. I have been using a Type R pushed by a Viper D600 giving it 600rms. I now have a dual amp setup, both Viper D600's and I also have another type R. So I have an amp for each sub. Everything is working and stuff, but i've had a single Type R now for over a month and I was really happy with it, but I got my new type R today and when they're both hooked up, it's like poo. First of all its not really any louder than my single Type R set-up, 2nd of all..once it gets past a certain volume the bass starts to sound like ****...almost like its trying to come through my doors instead of the subs. I also notice one sub (the new sub) is working harder than the other even though I have the amps tuned to the exact same setting.

Maybe the sub just needs to get broken in?

No the sub dont need broke in? You should only gain about 3 dee bee with the other sub hooked up. As far as it sounding like crud you might have too upgrade your wiring. Are they starving for power?

make sure you have the - & + wires connected right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Okay, i fooled around with this a little bit. The + and - werent crossed. Everything is connected right. I noticed I did have a loose piece of trim right above the sub so maybe some of it was just that thing slapping around. New sub is stil making a slapping/popping sound at high volume. Other sub sounds great.

Okay, i fooled around with this a little bit. The + and - werent crossed. Everything is connected right. I noticed I did have a loose piece of trim right above the sub so maybe some of it was just that thing slapping around. New sub is stil making a slapping/popping sound at high volume. Other sub sounds great.

sounds like you ****ed up your new sub:crap:

Ok, the subs look fine. I switched them out and it seemed to help, but the subs still wont get loud without sounding like crap. What if they are cancelling each other out? How do I fix that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.