99 ranger fitting and amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

69420potsmoker
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Whats up, Just a quick question. Does anyone happen to know if I can fit cdt ef61's in a 99 ranger supercab front door? I know I need the adapter things and possibly spacers but will the 6.5 speaker fit in the 6X8 slot? I prefer not to cut things. Also If I buy a ampkit will it include everything I need to safely hook up my components to a 2 channel amp + head unit?

Thanks

1999 Ranger

Universal 6"x8" to 5-1/4" Bracket

Speaker adapter plates

h142SA68-f.jpeg

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jO4JSZxsc9K/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=103200&I=142SA68

Im guessing thats your way of saying only 5 inch circle speakers can fit in there? Oh well, I will cut a hole in the door panel if I have to. I didnt want to do more work but it would be nice to actually see the speakers I buy. And WOW THATS AN EXPENSIVE LITTLE PIECE OF PLASTIC..............kiss my ass crutchfield.

Can anyone help me out with these last couple questions, Ill be ordering today and just want to make sure im getting everything I need to hook up my components with one of those amp kits.

Here is a template for converting 6x8 to 6.5

http://users.adelphia.net/~janeleslie03/Car_Audio_Resources/6x8_to_Six-and-a-Half_Template.doc

http://users.adelphia.net/~janelesli...f_Template.doc

Here is how mine turned out using that template using 1/2 in mdf.

09-16-06_1343.jpg

old speakers

05-30-06_1555.jpg

If you are getting a component set that has a higher excursion mid, I would recommend mounting the the bracket to the back side of the door panel. I have mine on the outside and the mid sometimes hits the back side of the trim panel. Even with all the extending plastic shaved off the panel.

wow thanks alot, its nice to see that can be done however that page isnt working for me and I seem to need to have been a previous member to enter. Im sure I can figure something out when I actually take the panel off I was just making sure it wasnt impossible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.