PPi 356cs first impression

Just installed my ppi's today. They sound very good. Still need to do some tweaking. Have them on the Jbl gto75.4ii. Only in stereo though. Not bridged because I think the rear channels are blown.

Just installed my ppi's today. They sound very good. Still need to do some tweaking. Have them on the Jbl gto75.4ii. Only in stereo though. Not bridged because I think the rear channels are blown.

so your feeding them only 75w a piece ?

Thats about half what they want

The amp does 104watts rms @4ohm each channel. 284watts rms bridged @4ohm. No sound at all coming out of the rear channels.

I might just hook up my Phoenix Gold M44 again. Probably see more power then this amp bridged.

The PG sounds not that loud though until I pretty much turn the gain all the way up. But the gain on the amp is 0.2-2V. I have a 5V going to it. Wonder why it sounds low because it should sound loud at low gain.

so your feeding them only 75w a piece ?Thats about half what they want

Ok I made few tweaks and changes lately. First i got a brand new nakamitchi pa4100 amp to power them bridged at 4ohm. that's an underrated 350 watt @ 12.8v per canal. Nice amp there

And i also put the tweeter attenuator on the crossover to -3db. First thing i notice, i wasn't even pushing them hard. The tweeter was pushed to its limit already. Now that it's more laid back, i can push to volume and gain so much higher without even stressing the comps set or the amp. Midbass is now pretty much insane (makes coins move in the hashtray) and since i'm without subs since a month i'm cutting them at 63hz. They do get that low with authority.

I'm thinking of modding my doors to make another set fit. They are that good. Honestly i love them even better than when i first got them.

yeah I was surprized that they were shaking my door panels up front. I had to cross them over at like 125hz or maybe higher until it didn't sound as bad. The rattles made it sound bad. But I'm not to sure if I should put some sound deadening on the door because I have a 5yr warranty on my car. Might void it I think.

Reason why i'm buying my car. My door are very well deadened and sealed... that make a huge difference. It seems like the window mechanic still make some rattle sound when i'm pushing the mid some more... something i gotta fix soon. Midbass is definitevly over the Id ctx65cs set.

I recently bridged the PPIs off my big belle giving them 230 watts a piece. They really sound great with the extra power. I was thinking about setting the tweeters to -3 as they can get a little harsh at the higher volumes. The mids sound very good however.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.