AUX CONNECTOR INSTALLATION FORD 6000CD

Participant count
  • Participant list

zayfoy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey,

I own a 6000CD radio unit which has an AUX button but no visible input connector.

I recently purchased an AUX adapter cable that's to be fitted to the rear of the radio unit but during installation, after I had unmounted the radio unit, I realised that there is a pre-existing connector (images attached to the post) that's in the targeted location. Would this be because the wiring for AUX usage is already installed and the output is located elsewhere? If not, how would I go about installing an AUX adapter cable?

I've seen several videos of individuals accessing the rear of the glove compartment to find the ends (which I've not yet done) so I'm guessing this should be my next try.

Any help would be appreciated guys!

Thanks

IMG_03.JPG

IMG_04.JPG

I would wholeheartedly recommend saving up for an actual head unit with aux, bluetooth etc... they are only 100ish bucks and comes with free dash kit and wiring harness if you buy from crutchfield. Your sound quality, loudness and overall user experience will be a lot better than a junky stock head unit.

From what i see you have to remove the glove compartment and there's a connector inside there. However the sound is fairly bad with aux so its not really an upgrade for anything, a lot of degredation with aux and stock head unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.