Help wiring '13 VW TDI Sportwagen please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Manzar98

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi there. I'm just swapping my old gear to a new car but it sounds totally off in the new car. The car the gear came out of, '14 grand caravan, was my first speaker/amplifier build and it was pretty straight forward: bolt, screw, cut splice, color match etc. New car has different speaker connections: there are 4 wires instead of 2 and they're all different colors from the head unit wire colors. So far I've tried different color combinations from the 4 input wires to the crossover but nothing seems to make much difference.

gear: polk db6502+ component, and coaxial, pioneer 4x100w amp, JL 500x1 amp, JL 12v3v4, KMM bt318U head unit. 

what I've done so far:

installed front components, sub, amplifiers, piggy backed speaker wires from head unit. Basically everything's installed minus the rear coaxial speakers i have, so stock rear speakers are hooked up to stock wiring. 

I haven't tried disconnecting the rear speaker signal wires from the amp yet. good idea?

will I have to run new speaker wires from head unit to speakers? was hoping to avoid this

let me know if some pictures would be helpful. 

thanks in advanced

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.