Taylor Martin

Kicker 6X9 Uh-Oh

I just got a pair of Kicker KSC 3-Way 6x9s for my 2012 Dodge Avenger.. I didn’t use the screen because the door panel has one, but after installing the second one I punctured the foam with a peg from the door panel. This hole is literally the size of a pin hole, it almost looks as if it didn’t even puncture but it did. I would post a pic but I’ll just use a period (.) to indicate the actual size of the hole lol. The other speaker sounds great, but the one I punctured sounds completely blown splattering all over the place.. I put some of that black glue stuff they sent in the box and stretched it thin before applying but it didn’t help.. I don’t even know if that was its purpose. as you can probably tell I’m quite amateur so I need some advice on how to salvage this brand new Kicker 6x9. Thanks in advance y’all!!

On 12/10/2018 at 5:12 PM, Taylor Martin said:

I just got a pair of Kicker KSC 3-Way 6x9s for my 2012 Dodge Avenger.. I didn’t use the screen because the door panel has one, but after installing the second one I punctured the foam with a peg from the door panel. This hole is literally the size of a pin hole, it almost looks as if it didn’t even puncture but it did. I would post a pic but I’ll just use a period (.) to indicate the actual size of the hole lol. The other speaker sounds great, but the one I punctured sounds completely blown splattering all over the place.. I put some of that black glue stuff they sent in the box and stretched it thin before applying but it didn’t help.. I don’t even know if that was its purpose. as you can probably tell I’m quite amateur so I need some advice on how to salvage this brand new Kicker 6x9. Thanks in advance y’all!!

a pin hole wouldnt make it sound like that. when you hit it, it likely did something to the coil that drives the speaker to separate it from the cone. its likely shot. sorry, but im sure thats the case

Sounds like you punctured the surround, it may only look like a pin hole, but will be much bigger.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now