Double d esp

Dd 9915 esp supercharged with stiff spiders box size?

Thanks.. you use them? DD released the 18 esp today. Should be in sonetimes next year. 

I have 6 cubes ruffly per. Guess I'll see how they hold up. Lol

11 hours ago, Double d esp said:

Anyone out there?

hello-anybody-out.jpg

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

6 hours ago, youdoofus said:

hello-anybody-out.jpg

Show us your face!! We wanna see your face!!

15 minutes ago, Double d esp said:

Show us your face!! We wanna see your face!!

Clayton Bigsby?? 😮

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe - Full Active Build Coming Soon

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Rolling Cluster F**K - But Sounds Good

4 hours ago, ThxOne said:

Clayton Bigsby?? 😮

I am not involved in any.....

Seriously though. I'm going to wager 5 is around ideal and 6 is pretty much burp box but I'll give it a try until DD sells me the esp 18 recones. Shooting for a 155 to 156 headrest. 

For future reference 9915a esp supercharged loves 5 to 6 tuned from 36 to 40. They abit peaky but I  have 152+ from about 38 to 55hz peaking around 46 to 48hz range I'm going to say 155 head rest and 158 ish kick probably 155 or 156 sealed up gonna do more testing it got dark to damn fast.

Edited by Double d esp

27 minutes ago, Double d esp said:

loves 5 to 6 tuned from 36 to 40.

So pretty much the cookie cutter DD Box that people have been using for 15" DD subs for almost 20 years.   Shocker Sig likes that box too as would most other subs with high motor force critically over-damped woofer. 

Pics of the build?

3 hours ago, hispls said:

So pretty much the cookie cutter DD Box that people have been using for 15" DD subs for almost 20 years.   Shocker Sig likes that box too as would most other subs with high motor force critically over-damped woofer. 

Pics of the build?

Well these drivers have a slightly higher vas/MMS ratio  the cone is nearly 2" bigger than any other 15 I've seen and the stiff spider pack so they ok in 7 per but yea those over damped designs shine in big boxes until you start putting 8 to 10 per driver then 3 to 4 cubes is a must for mechanical damprning.. 

I'm guessing on the numbers but its notceablly louder than my previous system. I should have videos and scores this weekend to be sure on the numbers I'm super impressed. No doubt the loudest 2 15s I've ever heard. I can't wait to get the 9918 esps.  

Btw. The subs sound EXCELLENT. Similar to the JBL gti!!

Edited by Double d esp

You might be disappointed if you don't have more airspace for the 18s.  15s may be louder in 5 cube.

On 12/10/2018 at 6:21 PM, hispls said:

You might be disappointed if you don't have more airspace for the 18s.  15s may be louder in 5 cube.

Opted for another 15. Going to redo the wall so I can get 5.5 per with 280in^ of port area and get Ethier another amp or three solid 4kws. 

These fuckers get nasty at 35 tuned to 41. I love um. I should gain 2 db with the additionional sub and extra power. I'll be knocking on 160 outlaw and musical to boot..

Edited by Double d esp

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now