2 Amps, After Market Radio, and Input/Outputs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Newb4Lyfe

CarAudio.com Newbie
Please bare with me here this might get a little long.

First, Here's my setup:

1. 2005 Mazda MPV LX
2. Jensen VX3016 7" Single Din Car DVD Player Receiver w Bluetooth/iPhone/Aux/USB
This has 5 RCA output channels (Rear L, Rear R, Front L, Front R, and Subwoofer)
3. 2 Pioneer TS-W261S4 1200W Peak 350W RMS 10" Subs in a vented box
4. 4 Stock speakers (unsure of wattage, size, etc)
5. Pioneer GMD8601 Mono Amplifier 1600W Peak
This has 2 RCA inputs (Left and Right)
6. Rockville RXA-F1 1600W Peak/800W RMS 4 Channel Amplifier
This has 4 RCA inputs

I guess before I go to far all I want to point out here is I have 5 inputs and only 4 inputs. What's the best way to put all this together without killing the sound (losing a left or right channel)?

The mono amp only needs one input to work.  You can split the single sub out on the HU into a pair of outputs with a Y adapter (such as single female to dual male at the amp).

the front and rear (left and right) should go to the Rockville amp and you should power the stock speakers from that Rockville.  They'll sound better than on the stock HU or the Jensen HU even though they are stock.  Upgrading them may be a good future task. 

The mono amp only needs one input to work.  You can split the single sub out on the HU into a pair of outputs with a Y adapter (such as single female to dual male at the amp).

the front and rear (left and right) should go to the Rockville amp and you should power the stock speakers from that Rockville.  They'll sound better than on the stock HU or the Jensen HU even though they are stock.  Upgrading them may be a good future task. 
keep_hope_alive; I was thinking a Y adapter as well, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss out on any audio channels by doing this. I get there is no right or left technically in mono audio, but having them both was a bit confusing. Thanks for confirming, it's been driving me nuts for a while now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.