Whine from 1 speaker

Participant count
  • Participant list

Macklessdaddy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Diego
 My daughter has a 2004 Sonata with a set of components powered by a 4 channel amp and only when the car is cranked the right speaker gives a horrible whine,but the mysterious thing is once the car has been driven awhile or warmed up the noise goes away,then after sitting awhile it starts up again. She's had a new head unit put in,new comps put in and even a new amp which only leaves the wiring. Why only 1 speaker and why does it come and go. Thanks for any insight 

Check your ground on the amplifier.It can be quite a few things to take into consideration.Could be amplifier ch. issue, RCA on amplifier, or HU. Could be HU, How it is wired,The HU adapter,ect. So much to rule out.It just takes time to start from square one, and begin ruling out the issues.Could take some time.New amplifier or used? did you install it? If under warranty for installation, take it back to that shop and get the issue resolved.If its a Pioneer HU, it is possible that the PICO fuse is blown if hott swapping RCAs and installing wiring.

Ok appreciate the reply,I get you on the many things it could be,in fact it is a Pioneer head unit but it did the same thing with a Kenwood,speakers are new Jbl comps but did the same with the Alpine comps they replaced and the amp is also new. So basically everything is new except amp wiring and rca's. Why only the right speaker and only when the car is cranked. Be patient as I'm not too bright lmao 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.