Sub wiring question I should probably know the answer to

Participant count
  • Participant list

dacheatham
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
So I just got my new box loaded up and wired. When I would turn the bass knob up the amps would go into protect. Equipment is 2 Sundown U15s d4 and 2 Wolfram 3000.1 strapped at 1 ohm. I have a 4 spot SMD terminal and my buddy helping me originally had everything parallel at the SMD terminals

And then then Amp + to the + on speaker 2 vc1 and the amp - to the - on speaker 1 vc 2.

I switched the Amp + to Speaker 1 VC 2 so the leads from the amps were going to the same VC on the same sub. After doing this it stopped going into protect.

With everything wired in parallel should this have made a difference?

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/subwoofer-wiring-diagrams.asp?Q=2&I=42

Basic wiring for two DVC 4 Ohm subs to a 1 ohm load. I havent had the opportunity to play with any of the Wolfram amps yet. Id check the manual on the settings for strapping or give them a call to walk you through it. Another concern would be.. DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SUPPLY FOR THE AMPLIFIERS NEEDS?? Another question that Id ask is have you or did you check each coil on each sub before installation?And after wiring the configuration to connect to the amplifier/amplifiers, did you check the Ohm final load of the subs before connecting? You could have a possible bad coil. Ive even pinched a wire on a subs + connection which finally gave out and placed into protect and damaged the sub.. All for rushing rather than taking my time 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.