Sign in to follow this  
evilmonstertruk

PRV Audio 3500.1 going into protect

Woke up today. Got it in the car. No bass!!! Went and looked and my prv was in protect. So I obviously stopped at the gas station to troubleshoot. And no matter what I did couldn't get it. Its a year and week since I bought it. And wouldn't you know it. Only a year warranty. What are the odds! Opened it up and only saw one possible burnt area. The little red square. It may be the protection itself but I have no idea.

Any suggestions?

Thanks02bc8129b5889e0b7776a6c15e61e724.jpg2e7abdc1f29e2a5676bac93eb67152a1.jpg9181b41eaed8f29ca54726e1583a05ea.jpg9bf2dca6826035c4ad935f0326c078fa.jpg81c0a9da95cc7098b4a7db88673509d5.jpgb93b63c211ecbbabdb1dbd904ea04aba.jpgf1c8a39196511abb90e20a4f4f224df1.jpge650884cb9642464aba936da3015dfa1.jpg26831afed80dbd541490e60bee7c612d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

that thing is tiny!!

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

PRV seems to be willing to cover it under warranty. Or at least fix it for a fee

Id check your subs as well with an Ohm Meter to see if you have any issues with any Coil. Wrong Ohm load on a bad coil will send an amp into protect quickly/ instantly. Check your subs. 9xs out of ten everyone thinks automatically that hen an amp goes into protect that each coil on ea.sub are just fine

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Id check your subs as well with an Ohm Meter to see if you have any issues with any Coil. Wrong Ohm load on a bad coil will send an amp into protect quickly/ instantly. Check your subs. 9xs out of ten everyone thinks automatically that hen an amp goes into protect that each coil on ea.sub are just fine
Sub is good. Have it hooked up temporary to the 5/6 channel on my Audiocontrol. Couldn't go a hour and tens mins without bass. The amp goes into protect without the speakers or the RCAs hooked up.

Pretty much any component on that amp could have failed and not be visibly burnt. This sort of thing is why lowest cost per watt isn't the end-all-be-all criteria for choosing an amplifier.

Pretty much any component on that amp could have failed and not be visibly burnt. This sort of thing is why lowest cost per watt isn't the end-all-be-all criteria for choosing an amplifier.
True. But all electronics have this risk. I have super high end stuff go bad and cheap **** last forever. And the other way around. I have a Kenwood two channel home theater amp from the 80s going strong in my theater room.

True. But all electronics have this risk. I have super high end stuff go bad and cheap **** last forever. And the other way around. I have a Kenwood two channel home theater amp from the 80s going strong in my theater room.

And all vegetables contain some arsenic. The point being the rate of failure of cheap stuff, and of course Brazilian amps are notoriously unreliable.

And all vegetables contain some arsenic. The point being the rate of failure of cheap stuff, and of course Brazilian amps are notoriously unreliable.
Either way. I think I'm the only one that bought one of these prvs. There discontinued now. Hopefully they fix it under warranty.

Any idea how much it might cost to fix?

Either way. I think I'm the only one that bought one of these prvs. There discontinued now. Hopefully they fix it under warranty.

Any idea how much it might cost to fix?

That's the other thing with Brazilian amps is a lot of shops refuse to repair them (because they're unreliable) and parts can be difficult or impossible to find. The Amp Lab up in Maine does some Brazilians, not sure if they mess with PRV

That's the other thing with Brazilian amps is a lot of shops refuse to repair them (because they're unreliable) and parts can be difficult or impossible to find. The Amp Lab up in Maine does some Brazilians, not sure if they mess with PRV
Ok cool. I'll see what PRV says then look around. I called one of the places and they said they didn't.

I have my Massive Audio 4000.2 which is a nice amp. Hooked it up today and didn't lose a thing. I know that one massive audio got killed in the Dyno, I think this one is different. But hard to say