Got these in a few days ago. Shipping took 2 weeks.

Are they real? I don’t know, they look real. From people that have real and these they can’t tell the difference. They sure feel solid.

Not bad for $40 shipped. Still don’t know where they will stay, I don’t have sail panels but I can get some made. The pillar isn’t shaped right. They are ok where the hertz where but these are bigger. [ATTACH=CONFIG]26557593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26557594[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26557595[/ATTACH]

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

Lots of threads about these on diy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got these in a few days ago. Shipping took 2 weeks.

Are they real? I don’t know, they look real. From people that have real and these they can’t tell the difference. They sure feel solid.

Not bad for $40 shipped. Still don’t know where they will stay, I don’t have sail panels but I can get some made. The pillar isn’t shaped right. They are ok where the hertz where but these are bigger. [ATTACH=CONFIG]26557593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26557594[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26557595[/ATTACH]

Always wanted to hear what these sound like. That seller has a bunch of interesting stuff

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I never had the old ones so I can’t compare. But there is nothing wrong with these. They do like to be a bit more on axis then I have them now so I got work to do.

Best $40 set of tweeters out there for sure.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

Next is a new DSP and getting all my tuning tools again that I sold years ago.

Then a new mid, probably the upcoming SI TM

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

I never had the old ones so I can’t compare. But there is nothing wrong with these. They do like to be a bit more on axis then I have them now so I got work to do.

Best $40 set of tweeters out there for sure.

How long did they take from order to your hand? Isn't it a long time?

How long did they take from order to your hand? Isn't it a long time?

2 weeks

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

Best $40 I’ve ever spent. I was worried I’d have to retune with the different location and axis but they sound perfect. Luckily highs are more intensity then timing. Since I can’t get into the MS-8 to change the tune anymore.

The stage may have got a hair deeper but I can’t tell 100%. Anyway I’m good for now.

Have to glass them here eventually. Eyes do get pulled to them if you are looking for them but that’s typical. [ATTACH=CONFIG]26557596[/ATTACH]

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

After beating on them all day I’m no longer worried about where they are crossed over.

This is the best my car has ever sounded but I can’t say it’s all in these tweeters. Totally different location and axis from the 4x as expensive Hertz.

But they do draw your attention. I’m going to cover them in grill cloth when the glass gets done. That will help I think.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

After beating on them all day I’m no longer worried about where they are crossed over.

This is the best my car has ever sounded but I can’t say it’s all in these tweeters. Totally different location and axis from the 4x as expensive Hertz.

But they do draw your attention. I’m going to cover them in grill cloth when the glass gets done. That will help I think.

how loud do they actually get

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

how loud do they actually get

I lost a ton of power so I can’t say. But it’s loud enough and still very dynamic.

I want to say a bit louder then the hertz but again, on axis is typically louder up top with the less roll off.

I don’t think they can be touched under $200 or even $400

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

I lost a ton of power so I can’t say. But it’s loud enough and still very dynamic.

I want to say a bit louder then the hertz but again, on axis is typically louder up top with the less roll off.

I don’t think they can be touched under $200 or even $400

just ordered a pair to test and compare.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

just ordered a pair to test and compare.

They are big

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

They are big

I have a big car and giant dash(can do a 6.5 on the A pillars if i wanted to)

For sound quality wise, they are the only cheap tweeter that can beat my massive CT-2s.  However they dont have anywhere near the amount of output needed to keep up with a big subwoofer system. Maybe around 140db and under.

9 minutes ago, Jeffdachef said:

For sound quality wise, they are the only cheap tweeter that can beat my massive CT-2s.  However they dont have anywhere near the amount of output needed to keep up with a big subwoofer system. Maybe around 140db and under.

Post a new link to them pls

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

Literally swapped all my home theater tower tweeters with these on a 2.5khz khz passive crossover cap and completely enjoying them on receiver power