kgcolby

2015 Scion XB roof reinforcement

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JGbzumMWVaJd_qGZE5fa-aeowlZKDpNt/view?usp=sharing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1KEnOQdd-M

Good afternoon folks, So yesterday I took out my headliner because I know some welds broke. What I didn't know was that the whole roof of the car was actually glued? it's some kind of hard foam glue too that was completely detached so every time I closed my door it looked like one giant subwoofer flex.

What are some ideas and tips that you guys can toss my way to

1) re-bond the roof and cross framing together and possible reinforce it with cross steel beams?

2) thermal control

3) Sound deaden

I was thinking JB-Weld my whole **** roof back down JB-Weld

Reflective roll

Sound board to dampen noise.

I was tempted to buy Lizard skin both sound control and thermal barrier and spray my whole roof/floor area. That or just install NVX NVX 90 Mil

neither. Just some pl 375 or pl 3x and 1/2 plywood all over the roof and some spray foam on any leftover empty crevices. Shove the plywood in between the welds. You'll have a roof so strong a sledge hammer will have a hard time breaking it. You will also be able to put the head liner back on and your overall bass will hit that much harder.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

neither. Just some pl 375 or pl 3x and 1/2 plywood all over the roof and some spray foam on any leftover empty crevices. Shove the plywood in between the welds. You'll have a roof so strong a sledge hammer will have a hard time breaking it. You will also be able to put the head liner back on and your overall bass will hit that much harder.

happen to have any videos or instructions on how one would go about doing that?

What about the aluminum roll? I would like to help resist heat as this cars a **** oven.

Bump -

Would like to see how people exactly did this task.

happen to have any videos or instructions on how one would go about doing that?

What about the aluminum roll? I would like to help resist heat as this cars a **** oven.

my sienna roof is like yours, I just cut long planks of wood (or a full sheet of wood if your vehicle fits it, mines couldnt and i had to cut mines into planks.) and stuffed it between the crossbraces and hit it with the construction adhesive. If there's a curve at any spot, I hit it with great stuff spray foam, Make sure you cover your car in tarp or something because the foam will drip overnight. Afterwards you can hit it with the heat rejection material, the wood and spray foam should already provide some insulation, another layer would cover you pretty well.

Tools needed,

either a skill saw or jigsaw. Giant crowbar (to put in place to just help open the cross braces up to shove the wood in, dont be afraid of the bar's seperating, they can take a lot of force, shove that wood in.)

I started shoving the wood into the braces from the rear to front, make sure you go through each brace, they literally help keep your wood in place so the adhesive has time to cure.

If you have to break the long wood plank in two because its too long and its hard to fit through the crossbraces, make sure you fully glue the two wood pieces and make it fully adhere with each other, i'd use pl 8x for this because that stuff is basically concrete.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

I did as you said.

How long till the smell goes away of the adhesive. Been 3 days and still strong.

Also.. Toyota bracing is soda can thin lol it's not really bending back in shape.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

I did as you said.

How long till the smell goes away of the adhesive. Been 3 days and still strong.

Also.. Toyota bracing is soda can thin lol it's not really bending back in shape.

I did as you said.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

I did as you said.

should start to fade the 5th day and be gone in 2 weeks. Crack a window open overnight.

Did you fill stuff up with great suff foam?

jeff i swear if you just talked this kid into pl'ing his roof and he fucked it up, i will laugh soooo f*cking hard.

which adhesive did you use? i demand pics of your violate roof

Team Bang Hard Ohio Chapter

2013 Subaru Legacy B-Pillar

4 Crossfire v4 18s

4 Crossfire 4k's

2 Crossfire 2000.4s with Ampere JM1 Dsp

3 SINGER 270's + MI Solar 115ah 18v + 16.5ah 12v x2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in