I was looking into grabbing one of these new cheap DUAL DA10004D amps for $100 to power some 60w RMS door speakers. Then I realized for about the same price I could just buy one of the various similar 80w x4 amps from SKAR, the DUAL is also 80w x4.

Opinions?

o.png

Skar.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

I was looking into grabbing one of these new cheap DUAL DA10004D amps for $100 to power some 60w RMS door speakers. Then I realized for about the same price I could just buy one of the various similar 80w x4 amps from SKAR, the DUAL is also 80w x4.

Opinions?

o.png

If looking at that amp, save some money and grab the Dual XPR84D from Walmart $89 and you can grab a 2 year warranty from them for $8. I Dyno'd the 2 channel version and it's a nice amp for the price. I have an XPR84D here now and can confirm the ratings are legit... and doesn't sound bad at all.

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX

Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D

Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components

Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5

Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

Opinions?

o.png

skar.. if not listen to blank since he test amps., or even get sq s1 4 channel $149 (he tested that too)

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

I dont mind dual stuff tbh

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

The dual bigblank recommends is korean. Skar RP series amps are chinese. Let that sink in.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Dual all the way. That company interests me. They make affordable decent products.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The dual bigblank recommends is korean. Skar RP series amps are chinese. Let that sink in.

Nope the DA10004D series and XPR (Walmart edition XPR82 and 84's only) are in fact chinese. Their are Korean DA series mini amps and Big DA Series monoblocks that are Korean. Dual is all over the map. The Chinese Mini's are impressive, same amps as the DS18 Candy series...

You can get a Skar SK-M series amp that is Korean.... but gut instincts are telling me they are the same amps as the Korean PPI Ion, Soundstream Picasso Nano and Power Acoustik RZR amps.... Also Korean made.

I dont mind dual stuff tbh

dual bitties?!

Am I the only one that got this reply?!

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

There are a few people who hate on skar basded on bad business practices, but a few of their amps are good...they just choose not to support a company that way. Out of those two, Skar would be the overall winner. However, a popular 4 ch amp would be ppi 900.4

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

I would never buy Skar so.... Dual..

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

dual bitties?!

Am I the only one that got this reply?!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

I just put a set of nos Dual 10s in my work truck..and they don’t sound too bad at all ..but these were made before Wal-Mart ruined the brand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3

StreetBeat 2................... 145.6

Stock 1801-up.................153.8

SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2

Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Walmart doesn't ruin a brand. A brand chooses which direction they want to go in

Dual is really not that bad

Not a fan of that guy's videos.......

it seems like that ryan guy is everywhere now ain't he? you tube face book even here :laugh:

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Yer doing good work Blank

I watch all the vids you make

1987 THUNDER ON WHEELS NATIONAL CHAMPION 0-100 Watt class

Avatar Tony Mannino "The Godfather" M&M Electronics with me at Finals

Reference amedeuce papermaker shizzon

There are a few people who hate on skar basded on bad business practices, but a few of their amps are good...they just choose not to support a company that way. Out of those two, Skar would be the overall winner. However, a popular 4 ch amp would be ppi 900.4

Pardon the thread necro, but can you elaborate on that? I've been looking in to Skar lately and I keep reading something about their company having "bad business practices" or whatever but no one really explains what that means.

Polk DB 6.5 components and coaxials, Alpine MRV M1200 (1200x1 @ 2) and MRX F30 (50x4 @ 4) amplifiers, Pioneer double din HU, Sundown SA-12 in ported enclosure (built to spec).

Pardon the thread necro, but can you elaborate on that? I've been looking in to Skar lately and I keep reading something about their company having "bad business practices" or whatever but no one really explains what that means.

he was partners with dude at sundown they split he used the sub designs to start skar.. then he made a bet with someone about a comp and he lost and didn't wanta pay up etc peeps just don't like him.. stuff is ok for the $.. ain't ween u around in a while your sub doing good?

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

he was partners with dude at sundown they split he used the sub designs to start skar.. then he made a bet with someone about a comp and he lost and didn't wanta pay up etc peeps just don't like him.. stuff is ok for the $.. ain't ween u around in a while your sub doing good?

It was much more than that. Major sh*t storm about six years ago.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now