evil_lies

Is this head unit decent (budget build)

I have a beater I commute in. It has no stereo at the moment. I picked up a Pioneer head unit w/ 2 6.5's and 2 6x9's for $48. I plan on selling the speakers and basically have a free head unit. I it has everything I would basically be looking for, but you guys are smarter at this stuff than I am. Is there something I am overlooking? I have factory speakers and might add a sub later.

Here is the head unit separate from the bundle.

All of the Pioneer decks besides the 80PRS are pretty much the same. I have the 80PRS in my Grand Prix and the X6800BS in my Camaro since I just need basic functions. It still has time alignment and decent crossover settings along with 13 band EQ so you can't go wrong under $100.

Pioneer 80PRS

2 Way active front stage

Zapco ST-4XP 4 channel front amp

Alpine Pro Type X Tweeters

NVX XSP65 mids

Alpine MRX-M55 sub amp

SSA DCON 12"

2.25cf @ 30hz

I have a beater I commute in. It has no stereo at the moment. I picked up a Pioneer head unit w/ 2 6.5's and 2 6x9's for $48. I plan on selling the speakers and basically have a free head unit. I it has everything I would basically be looking for, but you guys are smarter at this stuff than I am. Is there something I am overlooking? I have factory speakers and might add a sub later.

Here is the head unit separate from the bundle.

I'd just sell it seperately and get a jvc 340bts (80$ and completely smashes most 150 dollar head units) instead especially if you want to add a sub later. That head unit you have only has two, 2 volt rca outputs which is a sign of a cheap sh*tty head unit. You ideally want 3 pairs of 4 volts pre-out.

I'd only keep that pioneer if you only plan on adding a sub and buying a sub amp that has a high sensitivity gain petentiometer aka 5 volt to 0.2 volts, not the sh*tty amps that go from 9 volts to .02 which require ridiculous amp settings and still doensn't hit max output.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now