Is this head unit decent (budget build)

Participant count
  • Participant list

evil_lies

Texas
I have a beater I commute in. It has no stereo at the moment. I picked up a Pioneer head unit w/ 2 6.5's and 2 6x9's for $48. I plan on selling the speakers and basically have a free head unit. I it has everything I would basically be looking for, but you guys are smarter at this stuff than I am. Is there something I am overlooking? I have factory speakers and might add a sub later.

Here is the head unit separate from the bundle.

All of the Pioneer decks besides the 80PRS are pretty much the same. I have the 80PRS in my Grand Prix and the X6800BS in my Camaro since I just need basic functions. It still has time alignment and decent crossover settings along with 13 band EQ so you can't go wrong under $100.

I have a beater I commute in. It has no stereo at the moment. I picked up a Pioneer head unit w/ 2 6.5's and 2 6x9's for $48. I plan on selling the speakers and basically have a free head unit. I it has everything I would basically be looking for, but you guys are smarter at this stuff than I am. Is there something I am overlooking? I have factory speakers and might add a sub later.
Here is the head unit separate from the bundle.
I'd just sell it seperately and get a jvc 340bts (80$ and completely smashes most 150 dollar head units) instead especially if you want to add a sub later. That head unit you have only has two, 2 volt rca outputs which is a sign of a cheap sh*tty head unit. You ideally want 3 pairs of 4 volts pre-out.

I'd only keep that pioneer if you only plan on adding a sub and buying a sub amp that has a high sensitivity gain petentiometer aka 5 volt to 0.2 volts, not the sh*tty amps that go from 9 volts to .02 which require ridiculous amp settings and still doensn't hit max output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.