aeroportspwn

WTB 5 channel amp (no junk) thats does rated power

Wanting to buy a 5 channel amp that does actual rated power. Please no low end junk (I will know its junk).

I am not picky on the 4 speaker channels outputs at all but at least 70-100wrms on either 4 ohm or 2 ohm, but I would prefer it to have a decent amount of power on the 5th sub channel. Maybe at or around 500w rms - 700w rms at 2 ohm or 1 ohm.

Looking for something $200-$300ish range depending on used / new and condition. If new and of better quality of course I would be willing to be on the higher end of that budget.

Let me know what you got, it doesn't have to be exact as I specified but that is what I would prefer.

I would prefer it to be a class d or class a/b and class d combo amp instead of a straight class a/b amp. As long as its pretty efficient that is good.

I know of some brand new amps that fit the lower end of my budget such as the NVX jad900.5 and the newer ppi 900 5 channel amps, and some soundstream 5 channel amps. I am not wanting to buy one of those lower end amps, at least something that is a step or 2 better than those.

refs on here: bought from PioneerSPL1990, amartin_72, fasfocus00, Kowboy | Sold to evildave101, Louisiana_CRX, KAC1023, Zachfeen, ds0110 | refs on caco: 72impala, super_duper, KAC1023, tandrel | refs on ebay: my username is chevy-guy87

XKF8hb

I would take a look at Sundown if you can spare a few more bucks. I have not used it personally but I’m sure it does everything it says it will do well.

* B-Stock * Sundown Audio SAE-1100.5 - Car Audio Bargain

Head Unit:Kenwood DDX395

Front Stage:Morel Maximo 6.5” Components

Front Amp:Wolfram 125.4

Sub Amp:Wolfram 1500.1

Sub:Wolfram Ag-12

Wiring:Sundown

I would try and find a DD audio d5.1000. they pop up from time to time for 300-350

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX

Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D

Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components

Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5

Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

I would take a look at Sundown if you can spare a few more bucks. I have not used it personally but I’m sure it does everything it says it will do well.

* B-Stock * Sundown Audio SAE-1100.5 - Car Audio Bargain

Thanks for the link. I have seen that amp and I have had sundown amps in the past. 1 thing that worries me is that I heard that they decided to put cheaper capacitors in this model for some reason, I don't know if that is true but I will be doing research or getting in touch with sundown to see if that is true. If its not true I will probably buy one.

I would try and find a DD audio d5.1000. they pop up from time to time for 300-350

I have looked up so many amps in my criteria and have actually seen this amp as well. This is a solid amp, if I saw one pop up again I would buy it lol.

refs on here: bought from PioneerSPL1990, amartin_72, fasfocus00, Kowboy | Sold to evildave101, Louisiana_CRX, KAC1023, Zachfeen, ds0110 | refs on caco: 72impala, super_duper, KAC1023, tandrel | refs on ebay: my username is chevy-guy87

XKF8hb

[url]http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/633914-elemental-designs-nine-5-a.html[/url]

This one is a solid contendor. I have one as well and thanks to @bigblank69 for testing/benching it. [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63_KlXzPKX8[/url]

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

I run the NVX in 2 of my work trucks. They are great. They both tested out over 480 watts on the sub channel. One was 526.

I wouldn't discount them if they fit power requirements. Been running them for almost two years.

I do wish the sub channel was more in the 800 watt range.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've got one, not a bad little 1k, I haven't tried it on mids and highs yet.

May have to use on my build if I can't find a ab class amp for my mids/highs.

For now it's just sitting.

08 ext cab z71

Hu pioneer avh-8500........prs80

Mechman 320 and a Gp 370 with dual alt bracket

northstar 34 and 480 with gp terminals for both

Ton of ofc 2/0 and smd fuse blocks

Soundqubed hdc4 12's

Soundqubed 6.5's two sets

crescendo concerto c1100.4

Sound digital evo 12k

There's an Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 listed on Ebay for $365. It's a little over your budget, but it's a ******* amp and a very high-end amp...in my opinion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arc-Audio-XDi-1200-6-6-Channel-600W-RMS-Class-D-Full-Range-Amplifier/332427075876?epid=1239177680&hash=item4d6632a124:g:hugAAOSwAaJZ8lsf

Head unit - Eclipse CD8053 - Liked my CD8051 better

Front Stage - Morel Tempo Ultra 602 Two-Way Components

Amplifier - Arc Audio KS900.6 6-Channel Amplifier

Speaker Cable: KnuKonceptz 12 Gauge (Tinned OFC) Karma SS Speaker Kable

Amp Kit: KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks 4 Gauge Power Amp Kit

DSP- Mosconi 6to8 V8

Subwoofer - Dayton HO 12

I've got one, not a bad little 1k, I haven't tried it on mids and highs yet.

May have to use on my build if I can't find a ab class amp for my mids/highs.

For now it's just sitting.

I used to have one, and I think you will like the front stage on this amp... Very nice sounding in my opinion

Never mind... amp I was linking has issues

Thanks for all the replies, I will keep a lookout and post back when I decide on something.

XKF8hb

I run the NVX in 2 of my work trucks. They are great. They both tested out over 480 watts on the sub channel. One was 526.

I wouldn't discount them if they fit power requirements. Been running them for almost two years.

I do wish the sub channel was more in the 800 watt range.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I would prefer it to be a little more power on the 5th channel as well. I do know they put out rated power which is good, I am just leery on some of the internals. If I was on a really strict budget I would probably get one, I almost bought one, but decided I would like more power and upped my budget in the $300-$350 range. I would really like a soundqubed hds2 12" sub or a hds3 12" sub. The hds2 recommends 600w rms and the hds3 recommends around 1200w rms. If I don't find a deal on here soon I will look into a sundown 1100.5 refurb.

*EDIT* I also found a german amp for $300 brand new that puts out rated power with 700w rms on the sub channel. It is ugly as sin but is a reliable amp.

XKF8hb

I was in the same boat like you, for a litttle bit more, I ended up buying the nvx 1200.1 and 800.4, they are small, deliver the power, and working on an 80 amp alternator with just a medium size battery under the hood (2010 ford escape) with no dimming. You get 125 x4 and option of 1200 @1 ohm , 800 @ 2 ohms and 500 @ 4ohms, very flexible setup !

Yeah I would prefer it to be a little more power on the 5th channel as well. I do know they put out rated power which is good, I am just leery on some of the internals. If I was on a really strict budget I would probably get one, I almost bought one, but decided I would like more power and upped my budget in the $300-$350 range. I would really like a soundqubed hds2 12" sub or a hds3 12" sub. The hds2 recommends 600w rms and the hds3 recommends around 1200w rms. If I don't find a deal on here soon I will look into a sundown 1100.5 refurb.

*EDIT* I also found a german amp for $300 brand new that puts out rated power with 700w rms on the sub channel. It is ugly as sin but is a reliable amp.

Just curious, what is the make and model of that German amp you found for $300?

Head unit - Eclipse CD8053 - Liked my CD8051 better

Front Stage - Morel Tempo Ultra 602 Two-Way Components

Amplifier - Arc Audio KS900.6 6-Channel Amplifier

Speaker Cable: KnuKonceptz 12 Gauge (Tinned OFC) Karma SS Speaker Kable

Amp Kit: KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks 4 Gauge Power Amp Kit

DSP- Mosconi 6to8 V8

Subwoofer - Dayton HO 12

Just curious, what is the make and model of that German amp you found for $300?

Probably this.

Dark Blue 5 - Helix 5 Ch 700 Watt Amplifier with digital woofer channel

Head Unit:Kenwood DDX395

Front Stage:Morel Maximo 6.5” Components

Front Amp:Wolfram 125.4

Sub Amp:Wolfram 1500.1

Sub:Wolfram Ag-12

Wiring:Sundown

XKF8hb

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now