WTB 5 channel amp (no junk) thats does rated power

aeroportspwn
10+ year member

mmmm aeroports
FL
Wanting to buy a 5 channel amp that does actual rated power. Please no low end junk (I will know its junk).

I am not picky on the 4 speaker channels outputs at all but at least 70-100wrms on either 4 ohm or 2 ohm, but I would prefer it to have a decent amount of power on the 5th sub channel. Maybe at or around 500w rms - 700w rms at 2 ohm or 1 ohm.

Looking for something $200-$300ish range depending on used / new and condition. If new and of better quality of course I would be willing to be on the higher end of that budget.

Let me know what you got, it doesn't have to be exact as I specified but that is what I would prefer.

I would prefer it to be a class d or class a/b and class d combo amp instead of a straight class a/b amp. As long as its pretty efficient that is good.

I know of some brand new amps that fit the lower end of my budget such as the NVX jad900.5 and the newer ppi 900 5 channel amps, and some soundstream 5 channel amps. I am not wanting to buy one of those lower end amps, at least something that is a step or 2 better than those.

I would take a look at Sundown if you can spare a few more bucks. I have not used it personally but I’m sure it does everything it says it will do well.
* B-Stock * Sundown Audio SAE-1100.5 - Car Audio Bargain
Thanks for the link. I have seen that amp and I have had sundown amps in the past. 1 thing that worries me is that I heard that they decided to put cheaper capacitors in this model for some reason, I don't know if that is true but I will be doing research or getting in touch with sundown to see if that is true. If its not true I will probably buy one.

I would try and find a DD audio d5.1000. they pop up from time to time for 300-350
I have looked up so many amps in my criteria and have actually seen this amp as well. This is a solid amp, if I saw one pop up again I would buy it lol.

I run the NVX in 2 of my work trucks. They are great. They both tested out over 480 watts on the sub channel. One was 526.

I wouldn't discount them if they fit power requirements. Been running them for almost two years.

I do wish the sub channel was more in the 800 watt range.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would try and find a DD audio d5.1000. they pop up from time to time for 300-350
I've got one, not a bad little 1k, I haven't tried it on mids and highs yet.

May have to use on my build if I can't find a ab class amp for my mids/highs.

For now it's just sitting.

I've got one, not a bad little 1k, I haven't tried it on mids and highs yet.May have to use on my build if I can't find a ab class amp for my mids/highs.

For now it's just sitting.
I used to have one, and I think you will like the front stage on this amp... Very nice sounding in my opinion

I run the NVX in 2 of my work trucks. They are great. They both tested out over 480 watts on the sub channel. One was 526.
I wouldn't discount them if they fit power requirements. Been running them for almost two years.

I do wish the sub channel was more in the 800 watt range.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah I would prefer it to be a little more power on the 5th channel as well. I do know they put out rated power which is good, I am just leery on some of the internals. If I was on a really strict budget I would probably get one, I almost bought one, but decided I would like more power and upped my budget in the $300-$350 range. I would really like a soundqubed hds2 12" sub or a hds3 12" sub. The hds2 recommends 600w rms and the hds3 recommends around 1200w rms. If I don't find a deal on here soon I will look into a sundown 1100.5 refurb.

*EDIT* I also found a german amp for $300 brand new that puts out rated power with 700w rms on the sub channel. It is ugly as sin but is a reliable amp.

I was in the same boat like you, for a litttle bit more, I ended up buying the nvx 1200.1 and 800.4, they are small, deliver the power, and working on an 80 amp alternator with just a medium size battery under the hood (2010 ford escape) with no dimming. You get 125 x4 and option of 1200 @1 ohm , 800 @ 2 ohms and 500 @ 4ohms, very flexible setup !

Yeah I would prefer it to be a little more power on the 5th channel as well. I do know they put out rated power which is good, I am just leery on some of the internals. If I was on a really strict budget I would probably get one, I almost bought one, but decided I would like more power and upped my budget in the $300-$350 range. I would really like a soundqubed hds2 12" sub or a hds3 12" sub. The hds2 recommends 600w rms and the hds3 recommends around 1200w rms. If I don't find a deal on here soon I will look into a sundown 1100.5 refurb.

*EDIT* I also found a german amp for $300 brand new that puts out rated power with 700w rms on the sub channel. It is ugly as sin but is a reliable amp.
Just curious, what is the make and model of that German amp you found for $300?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.