100 RMS Amp

I'm doing a few upgrades to my current sound system (ball never stops rolling) and am looking for a 100 rms 4 channel amp that won't break the bank. My current amp runs 70 rms per channel. I'm doing a full sound deadening treatment so I'm on the fence whether or not i even need speakers that push more than 70. Would the sound deadening plus a proper solid install negate the need for a new amp and thus new speakers? (Or the other way around, as I'm looking for 100 rms speakers?) Kind of off topic, but any opinions would be helpful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Wrong section. My bad, it's late haha.

More clean power is always a good thing. Its called head room for dynamic peaks in the music. Your first step is establishing your budget. Amp, speakers, sub, sub amp. True 100 watts RMS per channel @ 4 channels will be pricey. but you can try these SOUNDSTREAM PN4.1000D PICASSO NANO CLASS-D 100W RMS 4 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER | eBay

Or you can spend money and get top quality like this

ZAPCO Z-150.4LX 4-CHANNEL 1000W RMS COMPONENT SPEAKERS CLASS AB CAR AMPLIFIER

And if you go with the high end amp, get high end speakers that can hang at the level.

I'm doing a few upgrades to my current sound system (ball never stops rolling) and am looking for a 100 rms 4 channel amp that won't break the bank. My current amp runs 70 rms per channel. I'm doing a full sound deadening treatment so I'm on the fence whether or not i even need speakers that push more than 70. Would the sound deadening plus a proper solid install negate the need for a new amp and thus new speakers? (Or the other way around, as I'm looking for 100 rms speakers?) Kind of off topic, but any opinions would be helpful.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:

Going from 70 to 100 watts a channel won't do much. Unless you have a really crappy amp now go bigger then 100.

Sound proof first, that can gain more then a few more watts a channel.

I just upgraded my sub to an IA Lethal Injection 12 with a RF R750-1D pushing 750 rms x1. I just don't want a nice sub being paired with low end speakers. Plus, my current polks are kind of damaged due to a poor install (dude didn't know what he was doing) so now I'm installing everything myself using my own correct methods. I just don't know if I want the same model or go a bit more expensive/powerful

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

My current speakers are a pair of Polk DB6501 in the front and DB651 in the rear btw

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631504

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Going from 70 to 100 watts a channel won't do much.
I'll go a step further and say that if both amps are honestly rated, you would not see any difference unless you had a precision RTA.

Sensitivity of the human ear + logarithmic scale.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

willh035

willh035
Savannah, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date