WTB: (X2) 7"-10" MID-BASS Speakers [New or used]

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scubbasteve530

I looking for Some Cheaper (new or Used) Mid-bass Speakers for my next project. I'd like to play around with some different large Mid-bass Drivers for a Door panel install and not spend too much until i've heard some EXamples of the benefit of over sized Mid-bass door speakers. NO SUBS Only Mid-bass, Prefer no PRO AUDIO but not totally against them

Right on!!!! I will have too give them a try. I have seen the Pwx speakers around cant beat that price!!!
its globs of midbass. I'm putting only about 100 watts to them and even though i dont have a subwoofer atm, they suffice pretty well that i dont get bass withdrawal.

They get ridiculous when they are crossed over 50hz to 500hz with 400 watts rms to them along with being in a sealed door/door pod with healthy airspace.

its globs of midbass. I'm putting only about 100 watts to them and even though i dont have a subwoofer atm, they suffice pretty well that i dont get bass withdrawal.
They get ridiculous when they are crossed over 50hz to 500hz with 400 watts rms to them along with being in a sealed door/door pod with healthy airspace.
Ok kool i will definitely have too pull the trigger then cause i've been looking for something like these i want major overkill that can be tuned down to match the sytem for the wife and kids but when run around in it can be turned way up for my love of all things bass lol........and 500HZ not to high for these? with your 3-way??? (not knit-picken just interested in the optimum for this speakers Fq range)

Ok kool i will definitely have too pull the trigger then cause i've been looking for something like these i want major overkill that can be tuned down to match the sytem for the wife and kids but when run around in it can be turned way up for my love of all things bass lol........and 500HZ not to high for these? with your 3-way??? (not knit-picken just interested in the optimum for this speakers Fq range)
They can actually go up to 2.5khz just fine for a 2 way if you have a tweet that plays low enough. However 500hz is fine, it reinforces some of the male vocals as well as allowing my midrange to play louder without stress from being crossed higher. You can definitely cross it lower but it makes zero difference, you actually just lose out in general from my tuning experiences. Unless you have like 500 per channel watts to throw at them. I like a crossover overlap in my mids and midbass because my vehicle acoustics dont really let the lower midrange and midbass shine as well as other vehicles so the increase output through the overlay actually balances out my frequency response. it'll be different in every vehicle so you'll just have to explore.

Actually if you buy them, go through http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/

Free shipping compared to crescendo which charges 36 dollars shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.