Calling all sub builders. Gap specs needed.

Participant count
  • Participant list

shauncox26

CarAudio.com Elite
oxford ms
Hey guys my buddy has a mofo 15 with a coil out. I love the blue basket so I offered a trade I would use some of my salvaged parts to build him a new one basket and cone assembly for his purty blue basket. Now on to the question has anyone pulled coil size and and gap specs on one. The older model with the 3" vc it was d2. Being it's a PA sub I'm guessing the outside dia will be where they pull the 3" from. Hopefully they did it right and it's inside dia which all my salvaged VCS are. Trying to get out without ordering a new coil. Just looking to see has anyone pulled one of them apart to look or even recone. Don't wanna break his sub down and find out I don't have a coil to fit either.

what is the model number, because i am fairly certain that the blue basket, non-4inch coil mofo model was a 2.5 inch former. i may not be correct, but i did search a bit for a 3 inch replacement coil for p/a mofo subs and came up with nothing.

Don't quite know now but it claims a 3" on the mag sticker. I think the new mofox has the 2.5"VC. Thinking mofo1522 or mofo15d2 maybe. I'll know later not into PA gear so never looked to far into it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.