WTB ( install help in NE Tx)

Participant count
  • Participant list

sprinklerman
10+ year member

ok
Don't know if this is 100% the proper sub-forum for this, but I'd like to find someone in the NE Tx, SW Arkansas area to help me install a pioneer 4200nex with steering wheel control and backup camera in my 2003 silverado. Probably need them to deaden my front doors too.

I don't expect them to work for free,but I want it done right. From what I've seen in my local shops,they just tend to slap stuff in and that's not my style.

Thanks in advance.

Towns I frequent in the general area:Shreveport, Texarkana, Tyler, Longview, and the DFW area.

There isnt really a decent shop left in the DFW area that I can think of that I would take my vehicle to that I could recommend for you.yet,If in Tyler..These guys do a very nice job..Ive met twisteds and sat in the Huyandi at a show in Austin..great guy and cool as hell, and even still gets these guys to do his work if he doesnt do it himself.Just a recommendation on the HU install for sure.The door deadner you can do yourself of course, if you find the time..Ive left my panels off till i got done and was satisfied with bare min road noise with panels off.Check these guys out.If you are in the Waco area or close bye, Id recommend Jacks Stereo they have been around since the mid 80s for sure when I began car audio.

Thanks again. I'll call them tomorrow. I noticed they're a pioneer dealer, so that's good,I've been looking at getting the 4200NEX.
Hey no problem..Before you buy that Pioneer..ask them about the PICO FUSE issues..They may have fixed that issue with theyre units by now?Yet,Im not certain on that.That is why I stand clear of Pioneer..Kenwoods are my go to HUs at the moment.Pretty clean up to almost maxed volume.Sony is coming back in as well.Best of luck man.You should be in good hands

Hey no problem..Before you buy that Pioneer..ask them about the PICO FUSE issues..They may have fixed that issue with theyre units by now?Yet,Im not certain on that.That is why I stand clear of Pioneer..Kenwoods are my go to HUs at the moment.Pretty clean up to almost maxed volume.Sony is coming back in as well.Best of luck man.You should be in good hands
Right on.

I'm actually still torn between the pioneer and kenwood,,, never ran kenwood before, only pioneer and alpine, and 1 eclipse way back when. I DID blow a Pico once,but I think it was my fault (hot swapping RCAs). I'll see what they say. I plan on having 'stang do another sub enclosure for me,so I should be set.

Right on. I'm actually still torn between the pioneer and kenwood,,, never ran kenwood before, only pioneer and alpine, and 1 eclipse way back when. I DID blow a Pico once,but I think it was my fault (hot swapping RCAs). I'll see what they say. I plan on having 'stang do another sub enclosure for me,so I should be set.
I run all Kenwoods in my rides, and still run my oldie but goodie Eclipse CD3000 from time to time.Kenwoods are pretty much clean up to almost maxed volume/very little dirty signal compared to most in the $ range.Alpines are still great HUs, but I have my eye on the newer Sonys that have T/A and alot of nice features for the money that i may try eventually. Ya,deff got have all power OFF at the HU ect.before swapping out amps/ect with Pioneer.Shadow has the 80 PRS when they first came out and had a PICO blow on him.He even had all power down on the system and fired it up and it blew on him.We were thinking bad RCAs, bad grounds, all kinds of stuff, we even insulated/covered the RCAs thinking that there may have been some resistance between the chls.??LOL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.