NVX Audio Cables 6-Channel RCA Audio Interconnect Cable

Participant count
  • Participant list

jkaudio

View attachment 26553703View attachment 26553704View attachment 26553705These cables are the Sonic Electronix house brand.

Sonic Electronix sent me an "opened item" which was described as "NEW" on their website. I wanted to exchange if for a "NEW" unopened item, but they did not make it convenient.

The package for these cables comes factory sealed with a tab you have to pull on to break the seal and open the package. My package arrived with the seal intact, however below the seal, the package had been cut all the way across and then resealed with packing tape. Next to that was a STICKER with a message which stated that the product had been opened because “It is the first piece we received and has only been used for photos on our website” (see my photo). I do not know if this is true, but it certainly seems odd that they have pre-printed stickers for this use, and that somehow I got the first set they received from their manufacturing facility. Regardless, it requires a high level of trust from a company from which I have no relationship with yet, so ultimately I just wanted a sealed unopened set.

If you are like me and are paying 10x more than the price of standard RCAs for the peace of mind that your stereo system is going to sound great and not have any noise, you don’t want to purchase resealed cables which were sold as “NEW”.

I called Sonic Electronix customer service and informed them of the issue and my desire to receive a factory-sealed item. They wanted me to pay for return shipping for the cables, and once they got them back, they would send out new ones. However, they said it would be 1-2 weeks turnaround time. I cannot wait that long, as I am in the middle of my stereo project now. When I said that, the only other option that customer service gave me was to purchase new ones and pay an additional thirty-five dollars for one-day shipping so I could have them in time. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he was “busy.” I then informed them that I would just use these cables, but I would be leaving them negative feedback. They did not offer any further help.

While it's poor form for them to sell an opened item without explicitly stating that's what you'd receive, they do photograph all their car audio items on site and at least one package must be opened. Since they have thousands of items it makes sense to have that sticker ready to apply in bulk. I would guess someone in the warehouse made a mistake.

what the hell lol i dont understand how a huge company like sonic would have the nerve to send you that instead of eating the "single" set they used for pictures. NVX probably gives them a set for pictures i mean..really?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

jkaudio

jkaudio
New Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date