pawn shop purchases.. did I do ok?

hey all, found these three amps in a pawn shop yesterday, paid $150 for all three.. did I pay a fair price? the models are:zapco 750.2 (30th anniversary, not sure if thats special or not)

kicker zx200.2 (bought it for the top mounted knobs, the ones on my zx2500.1 are torn up!)

avionixx 600.4 (pretty sure its similar to the elemental designs amps)

thoughts?
I see 3 possibilities w/ this post.

A) You already had these amps and wanted to show off.

B) The people at the pawn shop didn't know **** about car audio (and likely thought the Kicker amp was the best quality amp in the lot)

C) You are just trolling.

But hey, if you really did pick these up for $150...**** good deal man.

I see 3 possibilities w/ this post.
A) You already had these amps and wanted to show off.

B) The people at the pawn shop didn't know **** about car audio (and likely thought the Kicker amp was the best quality amp in the lot)

C) You are just trolling.

But hey, if you really did pick these up for $150...**** good deal man.
a) nope. if I wanted to show off, ive got nicer stuff.

b) this is pretty likely. they were on clearance, meaning theyve had them for a while.. none of them are rated at 9 million peak watts, so the ghetto trash people dont care much for them. (boss and soundstream are what sells fastest around here)

c) I have no way to convince you otherwise, but im not.

I dont care much about the kicker (as I said, I bought it just for the 3 knobs on the adjustment pots) but does anyone know about the zapco? are the 30th anniversary editions rare/desirable, or just marketing nonsense?

thsnks!

If you dont know much about any of them then how do you just happen to have nicer stuff laying around that you could show off?

You dont know how nice they are, remember?

If you dont know much about any of them then how do you just happen to have nicer stuff laying around that you could show off?You dont know how nice they are, remember?
I know the name zapco man. ive been on the ca forums for 13 years, under various handles. im not a newbie to car audio, but that doesn't mean I know everything about all the different brands... I browse pawn shops all the time, and occasionally come up on a deal. in the past 6 years I've been doing that I've purchased:

2 diamond d7s ($85/ea)

kicker zx2500.1 ($150)

kicker zx750.5 ($65)

old kicker zr1000 ($100, flipped it same day)

rockford 25 to life punch 150 ($125)

beautiful old massive d200x ($150)

2 eclipse in dash navs ($100 ea)

Pioneer avic z2 ($200)

premier 880prs ($75)

premier 860mp ($35)

plus tons of subwoofers.. I've got a solo x in layaway (paying $199) as well as a few more amps. there's more, but that's some of the nicer gear I've pulled. now when I bought them, did I know everything about them? nope, I did what I did with these amps.. gambled. I've been burned several times as well (burnt amps, broken cd players, etc), so I don't always win.

not having knowledge of a specific product didn't mean I'm a noob who knows nothing about car audio, nor did I ever claim that to be true. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif now, I'm severely confused what my motive would be for "trolling" or lying about what I paid? I mean, if I bought these to flip (I didn't) id have been shooting myself in the foot, as a quick search here would indicate my price paid, and drive the price down, and if I was intending to brag to cause jealousy, I promise I could have made up a better story, or just shown off some of the better deals I've gotten. the reason I posted this thread was genuine.. as I didn't knew the value of the avionixx, or the zapco. (no luck

searching ebay for avionixx, zapcos seem to be up and down depending)

now, can you actually post helpful information on any of my questions, or are you just here to troll, based on ludicrous assumptions?

thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That Zap is a decent one. Looks like a REF750.2 with a annv. badge on it. Mid 2004 I think. Easily worth more than the total purchase price ....The rest is just free stuff at that point ....

Specs;

Zapco 750.2 specs:

Stereo, 4 ohms: 2 x 175 Watts

Stereo, 2 ohms: 2 x 375 Watts

Bridged, 4 ohms: 1 x 750 Watts

T.H.D. + Noise:

S/N Ratio: >95dB

Slew Rate: >40V/uS

Damping Factor: >1000 @ 4 ohms

Dimensions: 23"L x7.5"W x 2"H

2-Channel Amp with Dual Crossovers Selectable Auxiliary Output Passthrough

-SymbiLink� Balanced Inputs

-RCA Unbalanced Inputs

-2 ohm stereo stable

-18 dB variable bass boost control

-Dual variable electronic crossovers with x10 switch

-Bridgeable

-Three channel capable

-High Current Bi-Polar output devices

-Optically isolated MOSFET power supply

-Aux output (Highpass/Lowpass or Fullrange)

-Switch for use as stereo, single L ch. or R ch. bridge

-L+R Sum Mono for use as a bass amp

-Cooling fan allow any mounting position

-Four layer PC board with heavy 2 oz copper

-Surface mount technology w/1% resistors,

-precision caps, and massive ground planes

That Zap is a decent one. Looks like a REF750.2 with a annv. badge on it. Mid 2004 I think. Easily worth more than the total purchase price ....The rest is just free stuff at that point ....Specs;

Zapco 750.2 specs:

Stereo, 4 ohms: 2 x 175 Watts

Stereo, 2 ohms: 2 x 375 Watts

Bridged, 4 ohms: 1 x 750 Watts

T.H.D. + Noise:

S/N Ratio: >95dB

Slew Rate: >40V/uS

Damping Factor: >1000 @ 4 ohms

Dimensions: 23"L x7.5"W x 2"H

2-Channel Amp with Dual Crossovers Selectable Auxiliary Output Passthrough

-SymbiLink� Balanced Inputs

-RCA Unbalanced Inputs

-2 ohm stereo stable

-18 dB variable bass boost control

-Dual variable electronic crossovers with x10 switch

-Bridgeable

-Three channel capable

-High Current Bi-Polar output devices

-Optically isolated MOSFET power supply

-Aux output (Highpass/Lowpass or Fullrange)

-Switch for use as stereo, single L ch. or R ch. bridge

-L+R Sum Mono for use as a bass amp

-Cooling fan allow any mounting position

-Four layer PC board with heavy 2 oz copper

-Surface mount technology w/1% resistors,

-precision caps, and massive ground planes
Thanks!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.