Guys! I'm back in it! I need help to see if this setup is all right!

Participant count
  • Participant list

dafobbishon3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Texas
So I've been an audiophile for a while but I've been out of the game because of funds, I even sadly had to sell my setup (as seen in my signature) [(1) 15" subwoofer(memphis motor with RE softparts) + audiopipe 1800D + extra battery]. I still have my front stage, I just sold my rear stage.

I had to sell that awesome setup to downgrade. I didn't want to spend more money on having to go through extra batteries (I had to change my front battery 2-3 times already :\) and changing out alternators so I'm going down on power. I don't have the funds to change either of those out constantly. I also needed a bit more trunk space.

My Budget was around $200. Now I already had a ported box that fit 2 12"s in my last setup before the 15. I was thinking I can reuse that box and save some money and just get 2 12"s and an amp.

I wanted to get around 600-800 watts RMS.

I was doing some research and I found that these were in my price range and the prices actually looked too good to be true. I mean it's a bit over my price range, but I think in this case it would be worth it. I'm asking you all because since I've been out of the game a while, I don't know if this is the best bang for my buck because there's so many new things out there. Back then, my goal was SPL, hitting the 143-145dbs. But now my goal is SQL. I'm keeping my front stage because I still love them; they get pretty darn loud. So on with my options:

http://www.amazon.com/Hifonics-BRX1100-1D-Vehicle-Subwoofer-Amplifier/dp/B00BHSTTLU/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I have always liked this brand, they are pretty reputable. I was thinking about going down to 2 ohms x 800 watts.

I was going to hook up these subwoofers to that amp. These are SVC @ 4ohms so I can just hook them both up down to 2 ohms.

http://www.amazon.com/Pair-Kenwood-Kfc-w3013ps-Performance-Subwoofer/dp/B0052QKQJM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417293088&sr=1-1&keywords=kenwood+12+inch+subwoofer

I'll be at around $250 but that's not bad at all for me. Yes it's above my price range and it's also on the high end of my wattage requirements, but for the price and the fact that I can always under power or over power is a nice convenience to me. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I just double checked my box, it's a Probox 212 Turbo Bass and each sub/side is divided so I don't think I can wire them both to 2 ohms because each sub has it's own port. So I'm thinking I'm going to have to wire them to 4 ohms. right?

Since my subs will be individually divided in the enclosure, could i still wire them them down to 2 ohms? I'm thinking... I'll have two wires for each sub coming out OUTSIDE of the terminal of the enclosure and i'll just tie the four speaker wires (2+ and 2-) and tie them together to form a 2 ohm bond? and wire those two onto my monoblock?

If i can't do that, how can I wire my two subs 4ohms into a monoblock? do the wires just share the terminals on the amp? (2+) wires in the positive terminal and (2-) wires in the negative terminal?

All the wiring diagrams show the way to wire them ASSUMING the box isn't divided into two separate parts so I'm thinking I can do this to the setup and that would equal 2ohms?

izyr12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tprj82 probably will say diptex on veterans memorial. They have a layaway with no interest all year long.

So you dont have to try and go to cheap to fullfill what you need.

Yeah but shops like those overcharge. I went to mobile one and audio express on 1960, they have the same kenwoods being sold for 90 a piece. Amazon has it for 110. It's way more bang for my buck.

But considering my situation I have a question about wiring.

Since my subs will be individually divided in the enclosure, could i still wire them them down to 2 ohms? I'm thinking... I'll have two wires for each sub coming OUTSIDE of the terminal of the enclosure and i'll just tie the four speaker wires (2+ and 2-) and tie them together to form a 2 ohm bond? and wire those two onto my monoblock?

If i can't do that, how can I wire my two subs 4ohms into a monoblock? just share the terminals on the amp? (2+) wires in the positive terminal and (2-) wires in the negative terminal?

If you do a direct connect to the amp then it will try and force the amp to give out unstable ohm loads.

Follow this image

2SVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

Also diptex is not a big company like the ones you mentioned. They do have to make some kind of money after manufacture costs so there prices will be a tiny bit more then online since online providers dont have to charge tax and buy bulk.

Ive had my own experience with them, but never had them install for me as i do my own.

If you do a direct connect to the amp then it will try and force the amp to give out unstable ohm loads.
Follow this image

2SVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

Also diptex is not a big company like the ones you mentioned. They do have to make some kind of money after manufacture costs so there prices will be a tiny bit more then online since online providers dont have to charge tax and buy bulk.

Ive had my own experience with them, but never had them install for me as i do my own.

I already saw that image. I can't follow that image. Like I said, each section the enclosure is divided separately so I can't wire the subs together inside the box. I have to do it outside.

Another member of the forum recommended I do this kind of wiring setup outside the enclosure.

2itjy4j.jpg

He said it's technically the same as my image, it's just twisted together on different terminals but the math adds up the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.