what single din ? 80 prs or what else ?

brian84corvette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i need a headunit like crazy bad

acutally been needing one for quite some time

but im a stubborn heard head that hates learning all the little intricate details of new fangled electronics and software -

but

its time i pony up and get something good - id like to buy the right headunit the first time.

my intended viechle = 1990 chevy suburban demo machine and daily driver. 4th order wall with six 18s on a ddm3a + a pair of 4 chans to run active my front stage ( super tweeters / two 6.5 each door / pair of 8" midbass and pair of 12" electric guitar speakers

410 amp hours battery reserve and singer 320 hairpin alt / 1/0 royal exelence welding wire thru out

so realisticly - id like to have a headunit that has good rca voltage so i dont have to mess with any external crossover / line driver junk. i just took out my current line driver as it was introducing ground noise whine to my system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

anyhow thats my ride. its just brutal loud to sit in - and now i need to buy a headunit for it cause im tired of my janky crossover hooked to my i phone. my gear is too nice to run this ghetto.

so

what headunit should i get ? single din please = no touch screens or dvd crap nessary ... i want my headunits function to play music mostly from my i pod or i phone or maby i can try the usb memory stick thing... that seems nice too

o also i guess there will be no speakers hooked up directly to the headunit. i have no need for any speakers under 20w rms lol i dont kno if that makes a diffrence or not haha

clarion cz702 5 volts preout and better sound quality then the 80prs
The 80 has 3 24 but DACs, left right independent EQ.

What makes the Clarion better? Is it because you have one on stock speakers?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

was this a direct swap or how did you come to this conclusion?
Dude wouldn't know what to do with a 80

im not spending 1000 on a headunit lol

im a ghetto blaster

ground pounder loud

but i still enjoy some quality to my sound. id be comftorble and still eat and pay my bills if i spend 250$ ish on a headunit as my max

kenwood x998 is a good choice, clarion cz 702 is the cheaper choice. Pretty sure the alpine 149bt is not active capable but its a very good head unit still. You can also find used 80 prs for that budget. I got mines used and its working great.

was this a direct swap or how did you come to this conclusion?
I have tried both using stock speakers & aftermarket on external amp.

Out the box clarion had the better sound. In the end 80prs sounded the best after tons of tuning.

what limits the clarion is the slopes.

The 80 has 3 24 but DACs, left right independent EQ. What makes the Clarion better? Is it because you have one on stock speakers?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Dude wouldn't know what to do with a 80
I didnt say clarion was better, i just said the sound quality is better without going into specifics.

If you know how to tune your eq then the 80prs is best, but the main thing about the clarion to the pioneer is the fact that you can get near identical quality if both tuned correctly, but the 80prs will always have the pico fuse issue.

This is why i changed to clarion from my 80prs, i just disconnected my battery properly and when i connected it back my 80prs blew the pico fuse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.