c2 audio

Domestic-Stripe

I purchased a threatcon 2 d2 12" and put it in a ported box for my mustang. Once I got it all hooked up I expected to get more performance out of it than my 2 p1 10s or if not around the same. The thing is it hits the high bass pretty well, its the lows that aren't really being projected. Will building a larger box solve my issue? The box I built is about 15" H x 24 FW x 17 RW X 11.5 D with a 3" wide L port

I purchased a threatcon 2 d2 12" and put it in a ported box for my mustang. Once I got it all hooked up I expected to get more performance out of it than my 2 p1 10s or if not around the same. The thing is it hits the high bass pretty well, its the lows that aren't really being projected. Will building a larger box solve my issue? The box I built is about 15" H x 24 FW x 17 RW X 11.5 D with a 3" wide L port
larger box, more port area, tune lower what kind of power is it on?

i would do 2 cubic feet net of airspace then a 4 inch wide port tuned to 30-34hz

I didn't tune it unfortunately. What I did was build a box to try and fit far enough in the trunk (and fit to the form) so I could still get to my spare tire in the event of an emergency. So now I have to make the choice to go back to my p1s or get a bigger box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I didn't tune it unfortunately. What I did was build a box to try and fit far enough in the trunk (and fit to the form) so I could still get to my spare tire in the event of an emergency. So now I have to make the choice to go back to my p1s or get a bigger box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
What do u mean u didnt tune it? If you built the box u tuned it ..the size of the box and tuning the port have nothing to do with each other ...u can tune a 1cube box to 30 htz and u can tune a 30cube wall to 30htz

I didn't calculate it its what I should have said. I just kind of winged it and wanted a 3" wide port
Download torres box calculator and plug in numbers and play with it to get ur desired tuning..focus on tuning and port area..it will calculate all that for u..u want the tuning between 31-35 and between 14-16" of port area per cube

I have it wired at 4 because I didn't know if it would take all the power. I have an RE CTX 3200.1. Thanks for the info I'm gonna try to find the program and play with it to make a new box

I have it wired at 4 because I didn't know if it would take all the power. I have an RE CTX 3200.1. Thanks for the info I'm gonna try to find the program and play with it to make a new box
Well at 4 ohm ur probably only sending the sub 300rms or so ..its only rared at 1200rms at 1 ohm which i doubt it does bc the new re stuff isnt that great ..wire it to 1ohm and set the gains correctly with a oscope dd1 or dmm at least..it will take 900 or so daily if the signal is clean

I sent a clean 1k to my threatcon 2 no problems. Thermal limits were tested by DC Creations, his review is in these forums, and thermal limits were reached at 1512 watts of clean power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.