Enclosure design for 2 - 12" Tantric HDD's on 5K in a 2003 Chevy S-10 Crew Cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

NIHL8ION

RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !
IlliNOISE
Ok... So as the title of this thread states: I'm going to be running x2 - 12" Tantric HDD's on 5K in my 2003 Chevy S-10 4x4 Crew Cab ZR5... I am totally AGAINST my subs being INSIDE of the CAB - I want to have my rear seat usable and fully functional in the end result... So I basically have 2 options right? : Blow through, or buy a truck cap and do a regular ported enclosure firing straight into the cab right where the rear window would have used to been... My truck bed is already very small for a truck bed... I don't want to take it up in it's entirety either, so I'm thinking that my best option would be to get a plain jane fiberglass truck cap painted to match installed with the truck's rear window removed and cap gasketed to the cab. Then I was thinking building a 5 cu ft. net ported enclosure tuned around 35 hz or so mounted with the subs and port(s) firing directly into the cab sealed off from the cap and bed where the rear window used to be, was thinking i could utilize the space below for a battery bank - Build it all in nice and cover everything cleanly... I was just after any ideas or opinions anyone might have out there on this build as I've only ever done ext. truck systems MYSELF in the past - I've never had or built a bed mounted enclosure before... Here;s a pic of the truck:
Zr51_zpscfa3df3d.jpg

Subs: Tantric HDD 12" - x2 / 5k rms / want subs in bed but not the entire bed taken up by the enclosure - Best design ideas appreciated - Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.