HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Whole system shuts down

01cavy

if it helps i have a 2001 chevy caviler running 2 12's and when i let the car idle like at a stop sign my whole system will shut down then couple seconds later back on but i dont loose any of my settings and will keep shutting down unless i can turn the volume down but it wont do this during regular driving its almost like the alternator isnt pushing enough power

Ho alt and big 3 for starters
Cant afford a ho alt so i was thinking a second battery and would this have anything to do with my power wire to my amp is mostly scoshe 4g but i didnt have enough wire so i spliced in 4g battery termial wire and the battery wire was used as a ground too

set the amp up correctly and set the gains up rite, second batt will fix it I reackon, but if you don't set the amp up rite you'll prob end up frying your amp.

make sure the battery connections are in good shape and tight. Also make sure the battery itself is good. most auto parts store will do a load test for you. I would be kinda surprised if that amp had enough draw on the vehicle to cause the problems all by itself. My guess is there is also an issue with the vehicle electrical.

Okay I had the same problem a while back only it was my entire car that would start to die at stop signs. It may be an alternator problem I was driving late at night and my car just suddenly stopped and when I popped the hood parts of the alternator were glowing red. Long story short replaced the alternator and all was well again.

you dont need an h.o alt. that amp does not put out that much power. do the big 3, and check to make sure all of your connections are solid and clean

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.