TEN 6" Pyle woofer ($10.99 each) serching for 145db

akadj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I wanted to get the cheapest woofers I could find an make them loud, money was not an issue, the lower the quality/expectations the better. I want to make this Dodge Durango do a 145db legit sealed on the dash off 2000 watts so I can run street stock in the Db Drags.

I had a hard time choosing cheap woofers.. Theres so many junk ones out there that caught my eye!

Pyramid, Pyle, legacy, rampage, boss audio, sound storm.. How do you choose.. There's so many out there!

Then I came across these Pyle 6" dual 4 ohm "600" watt woofers and I was sold!!

They retail at $10.99 each at Walmart (USA only) and handle 600 WATT'S??.. SCORE!!!! LOL

So I tried to get them to ship to a Canadian store, they said they don't ship across the boarder. If its not sold in Canadian Walmart's I'll have to look else where. WTF?

So I had to buy them else where and pay for the shipping/taxes/import fees/duty myself.

Big thanks to BEACH AUDIO for selling me them and doing all the leg work with customs so I could get these dream woofers!!

After everything was said and done I ended up with a $350.00 bill for 10 of them.. But as I said money was not going to be an issue.

I have more amps at my disposal then most people, so I was set there.

Decided to go with a new brand we picked up and have been working closely with "Sonido Mask ZX-2000. 1"

We've had the amp on the bench and done in car testing as well, it easily does 2kw clean and has average efficiency.

So it was time to get to wood working, I had a ton of boxes going through my head but was limited with space because of the street stock rules. Ended up building a transmission line with a 5 foot long port, then decided to alter the port so it has a tapered flare/horn port over the whole 5 ft of length. The port starts at 24sq" and flares out to 100sq"

So I'm running the amp at 0.8 ohms by running 5 woofers parallel and the coils series and the same for the other 5 woofers, then parallel both together. If any one is.lost with that,... Its to many series parallel and parallel again coils to.explain.. I'll try and get a diagram made for you just pm.

I haven't put it in the truck and run it on the meter yet, letting the glue dry and I'm some what nervous LOL.. No one likes to fail!!

I could have waited till I found out if it worked and made a thread or not if I failed.. But what ever.

I still have to upgrade my power wire to 1 aught - 0 gauge.. I like to say 1 aught cuz zero gauge sounds smaller LOL.. I've got a few hundred feet left over from the metro build.

So the door bell rings and they show up at the door.. I was just waiting for these things to come!!

After opening them the first thing out of my buddy's mouth was .." Sweet Jesus, are the voice coils spun from tin foil, I bet the spider is made from pantyhose, its so weak and soft! You better be happy if you do a 135!!!" BAHAHA

Here's a few photos... For now

So these were the worst ever subs that u chose, did someone link u to them from ur search thread? This is great, I wish u luck in reaching ur goal but im afraid I too see smoke in ur future! Cant wait to see the score, I think we should bet on the number.

So these were the worst ever subs that u chose, did someone link u to them from ur search thread? This is great, I wish u luck in reaching ur goal but im afraid I too see smoke in ur future! Cant wait to see the score, I think we should bet on the number.
I'm nervous, I also see smoke in the future... I know if I went bigger better drivers they would handle it no problems.. But where's the fun in that BAHAHA

Realistically what score is your prediction?

The Rango is alot of area to charge but Id guess 139-40 right before half of them seize,lol. Ive read the entire geo thread so I have no doubt in ur abilities and I think this is what'll get u near to ur goal. Just for kicks u should cut one open after the build for gut shots. Do they list a coil diameter? I wouldnt think they'd be any larger than 1.5in and maybe 1" of winding. Forgive me if this isnt the correct terms, but Id say the coils are tiny. I vote Lanzar max 6.5s next time and Id bet u'd hit ur target.

It says 1.5 in coils.

And the reason I didn't go with the Lanzar is because they actually make higher end woofers.. This way there's no doubt they are the bottom line brand of woofers.

Should have gone with the Lanzar Max Pro subs
lanzar max subs get down i kid u not dont no about the max pros. But the max if you put them in the right box they sound decent on minimal powerDont bash if you dont know what your talkin about. And oh ive seen em last for years at that

I wanted to get the cheapest woofers I could find an make them loud, money was not an issue, the lower the quality/expectations the better. I want to make this Dodge Durango do a 145db legit sealed on the dash off 2000 watts so I can run street stock in the Db Drags.
I had a hard time choosing cheap woofers.. Theres so many junk ones out there that caught my eye!

Pyramid, Pyle, legacy, rampage, boss audio, sound storm.. How do you choose.. There's so many out there!

Then I came across these Pyle 6" dual 4 ohm "600" watt woofers and I was sold!!

They retail at $10.99 each at Walmart (USA only) and handle 600 WATT'S??.. SCORE!!!! LOL

So I tried to get them to ship to a Canadian store, they said they don't ship across the boarder. If its not sold in Canadian Walmart's I'll have to look else where. WTF?

So I had to buy them else where and pay for the shipping/taxes/import fees/duty myself.

Big thanks to BEACH AUDIO for selling me them and doing all the leg work with customs so I could get these dream woofers!!

After everything was said and done I ended up with a $350.00 bill for 10 of them.. But as I said money was not going to be an issue.

I have more amps at my disposal then most people, so I was set there.

Decided to go with a new brand we picked up and have been working closely with "Sonido Mask ZX-2000. 1"

We've had the amp on the bench and done in car testing as well, it easily does 2kw clean and has average efficiency.

So it was time to get to wood working, I had a ton of boxes going through my head but was limited with space because of the street stock rules. Ended up building a transmission line with a 5 foot long port, then decided to alter the port so it has a tapered flare/horn port over the whole 5 ft of length. The port starts at 24sq" and flares out to 100sq"

So I'm running the amp at 0.8 ohms by running 5 woofers parallel and the coils series and the same for the other 5 woofers, then parallel both together. If any one is.lost with that,... Its to many series parallel and parallel again coils to.explain.. I'll try and get a diagram made for you just pm.

I haven't put it in the truck and run it on the meter yet, letting the glue dry and I'm some what nervous LOL.. No one likes to fail!!

I could have waited till I found out if it worked and made a thread or not if I failed.. But what ever.

I still have to upgrade my power wire to 1 aught - 0 gauge.. I like to say 1 aught cuz zero gauge sounds smaller LOL.. I've got a few hundred feet left over from the metro build.

So the door bell rings and they show up at the door.. I was just waiting for these things to come!!

After opening them the first thing out of my buddy's mouth was .." Sweet Jesus, are the voice coils spun from tin foil, I bet the spider is made from pantyhose, its so weak and soft! You better be happy if you do a 135!!!" BAHAHA

Here's a few photos... For now

meter that thing or get it in the car and report back man!!!! PM me once you get them in the car also what other 6" woofers did you look into???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.