Critical Mass UL12 vs TC Sounds LMS-R

Well through trading some stuff and something going wrong with a vendor here, both subs cost me the same amount dollar wise.

I can't believe it left you disappointed. Why so?

output wasn't the greatest, felt cheaply made with the plastic, don't get me wrong... nice sub just not what i expected from the """worlds greatest sub"""

and when i say output isn't the greatest just means when i say 5000w this sub isn't what i pictured... but if they are the same price i'd probably go with the ul12

If you can get the UL 12 for cheap, if nothing else get it and if you don't like it, flip it for a profit. They sell really well and fast on eBay when priced right. I haven't ever had or heard one of their subs but I used to have a set of their 6x9's and loved them. Amazing output and didn't break up at any power level and volume.

I got it. For now im going to run it instead of the LMS-R. If at some point down the line I hear another LMS-R or decide to try out my own then Ill sell it.

Nice...this one has made a few rounds here. Even has a nice recone on it from PSI so you don't have to see that absurd "5000" on the stock dust cap.

In reality, the UL12 should have an edge over the LMS-R. Anybody see what's going on in that motor?

UL12_g.600.JPG

Awesome that's more or less what I wanted to know. Like I said I will end up getting the UL12 for around the price of a used LMS-R.

I wouldn't say hands down. LMS is no joke when it comes to low distortion, and the output is satisfying. I believe the UL12 should have an advantage when it comes to being a bit louder, though.

I use to be sponsored by Critical mass in 2007, when crx's were the thing in street B spl. I found that, for a SQ sub UL12 could get pretty loud. I was waiting for the UL10, but they never produced it. They said there was no market for it. I have hered every SQ sub out there, and I believe the UL12 tops them all. Now for it to be a true 2.5kw RMS sub....not close. But it sure can hang with the big boys. Especially being created as a SQ sub. If I was still into Car audio and I wanted a pure SQ system....UL12 would be my choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dvrmstrng

5,000+ posts
dvrmstrng
DE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from